View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I used to go to bed really late and get up in time to be in uni at 9am or work at 8am, yet these days, I can't last the day?!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 07:00 PM
I really need 8 to function properly the next day but usually get about 6 and struggle to get up and feel tired, sometimes have a kip in the evening which is the whole problem really as then im not tired for bed but I still have to get up early!

10-12 hours would be perfect but I just don't have that much spare time in any one 24 hr period.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I need 8 hours to feel vaguely normal by the morning. Much less and I'm very grotty. I could sleep for hours and hours some mornings though although (as someone else said) that makes me even more tired for some reason.

If I ever nap in an afternoon I always wake up feeling really horrible, although I like the idea of a siesta like they have in Italy or Spain.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I need more than I am getting!!

I've just started a new job, that starts at 7, so I have to get up for half 5 to be able to get Midge and Tilly out for a short walk (seperatly, incase they fight!), and then get ready and walk to work!

My OH doesn't get in from work until gone ten most nights, so I wait up for him, as he only wakes me up otherwise and I'm so grouchy when I have a broken sleep!

Even on days when I'm not working, I have to get up at 7ish, to let the dogs out, the OH used to let them out, but he stopped doing it!!

On my non working days, I get up, let Midge out, then Tilly out, then go back to bed and watch a DVD or read a book for an hour or so, then get up and do housework or come sit on the laptop!! Usually, I end up with Midge in bed with me in the mornings too, so I have to sit and listen to him snore!! How great is a dogs life!!
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2009, 08:46 PM
7-8 hours is what I need-can't really cope on anything less! I go to bed between 11.30 and midnight and my alarm clock-Hatti-wakes me between 8 and 8.30 a.m. to let me know its breakfast time-she's such a treasure!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm an Owl I'm afraid - not a Lark! I don't do mornings!
Meercat
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I get 4-5 hors of broken sleep a night and have done for almost 40 years I've got used to it
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 11:10 PM
I can vaguely function on nine hours. Well, after I've been up for a few hours anyway 10-12 is more to my liking! I have trouble falling asleep though so I don't usually get that unless I'm not at college (summer holidays now, woo )
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 11:25 PM
If I'm not working I can manage 12 hours easily, but can just about function on 5-6 hours sleep if I am at work.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 08:56 AM
How do people sleep for 12 hours? I could never do that.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >