View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MystixRiverRage
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2009, 11:47 AM
is "wait" the same as Leave? when i feed him he will sit and "wait" untill i say "good boy go on then"
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh gosh what a lovely thread.
Sounds like Avek had a terrible start in life...how sad for him and for you.What a lucky boy though that he has someone who obviously cares so much for him now. Fanatastic. Some great advice and support on here.Lucky Avek for having you.
MystixRiverRage
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2009, 11:55 AM
thankyou for you kind comments Ramble...
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Wait is different to leave. I will start a couple of threads in the training section and then you will see what techniques people use.
MystixRiverRage
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2009, 12:07 PM
thankyou Fudgeley...
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Excellent advice from Fudgeley and Benzmum The only thing I would add is that if Avek can get from your garden into your neighbours, I would have him on a light, long line so he can't go wandering
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
Brun,this action of grabing the dog at the back of the neck is a nurturing action.and they remain calm while doing this,grab might not be the word to use ...as far as men,dogs dont see the difference between the sexes,they do hear tone in voices .respectfully

Sorry but you are so very wrong, bitches do not pick up 16 week week old puppies by the scruff. Doing this to a very nervous puppy will do nothing except frighten the heck out of the puppy.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Oh gosh what a lovely thread.
Sounds like Avek had a terrible start in life...how sad for him and for you.What a lucky boy though that he has someone who obviously cares so much for him now. Fanatastic. Some great advice and support on here.Lucky Avek for having you.
My thoughts exactly, what a wonderful person you are River and how lucky Avek is to have you. I wish there were more owners in the world like this I really do.
Ceefer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Well done you for having the commitment in turning this boy around. I mentioned earlier about a house line but you said he doesnt like leads? Is it worth trying t slightly different approach. If you have a light lead - not too long initially - and having this clipped to his collar but not holding it. Just let him wander around with it on trailing on the floor whilst he gets used to it. You can gain control quicker if needed but he isnt constantly restriced and there is no tension on it??? Just a thought. I frequently have a line on my GSD puppy and i dont always have hold of it. It tends to be more in the mornings when trying to get my children ready for school and when the house is at its busiest. It means that if needed i can have quick control of him but when its not he is free to wander round.

Obviously this is just a suggestion and I dont know what others think of this. I would suggest a shorter one initially just so that he is less likely to get caught on things and be jolted back which wont help at all.
MystixRiverRage
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:21 PM
this is a fantastic site...all the help i have recieved has been amazing...i now know..it was me that needed training not Avek...Avek has responded to everything i have tryed with him today...he now knows "leave" with treats...and when he picked up one of my daughters teddies...i told him "leave" and he drop it instantly....YAY...and giving him cuddles alternativly to treats is wonderfull...that means i get a cuddle too...result..i dont think he will need training on the 31st...but i'm going to take him any way...just to show him off *grins*.....thankyou all so much....Riverxxx
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >