Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 09:40 AM

Jack loves his new job!!

Bitten severly by the agility bug, we went back last night for our first proper lesson ( with other dogs and everything!!! )

Jack was a star. He's never done more than 1 obstacle at a time before and he took to it like a duck to water. For just the warm up he had to do 3 curved tunnels and finish with a jump!!!! He's an absolute natural, and as expected he gets to the end long before me! He'd jumped the jump and ran back to me before I'd even got to the end of the third tunnel!

I can't believe how much he wants to do this. He's keen and lightening quick.

Not only that, he's unpredictable with other dogs and he worked off lead the whole time and didnt so much as wander away from me.

I am a very proud Patterdale Mummy!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Aww bless his heart, you'll get the hang of sending him on a head of you, then the fact that he's nearly finished the course and you've only just got past the first jump wont matter but it will all take time I only watch, but it is very addictive, I just love seeing all the dogs and watching the enjoyment they get from it
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Well done Jack He was obviously too busy to bother about what other dogs where around.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Well done to you and Jack, loving your excitement x Do you do "touch" contact points ?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Well done Jack, I can just imagine him flying round. Just think how fit you are going to be
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Aww bless his heart, you'll get the hang of sending him on a head of you, then the fact that he's nearly finished the course and you've only just got past the first jump wont matter but it will all take time I only watch, but it is very addictive, I just love seeing all the dogs and watching the enjoyment they get from it
I know I could just stand and watch too, but now I get to join in!!!
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Well done Jack He was obviously too busy to bother about what other dogs where around.
So focused. I'm so chuffed with him

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Well done to you and Jack, loving your excitement x Do you do "touch" contact points ?
I think I get as excited as jack. It was me saying to myself "calm down and slow down!!" Jack had it sorted!
Mary Ann does teach touch on contact points but Jack and I havent got onto any of those obstacles properly yet

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Well done Jack, I can just imagine him flying round. Just think how fit you are going to be
Nah eat too many choccies on off days to be fit!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Well I am sharing in your fun x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Excellent - my parson russell loves it too - and its as if no other dog exists when she is on the course.
Mind you she has a bark at the others whilst she's watching - especially if they are slow!

Its very addictive and I think fantastic for the terrier mind. Way to go Jack