Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rockpig
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2005, 10:19 AM

Which classes?

Sorry to bother you guys, but im filling in a champ show entry form and im not sure which classes to enter. Hippo can go in Junior and Yearling, so im going to enter those. He also qualifies to go in Maiden and Novice but is it worth entering those or would that be too much? Any help greatly appreciated : xx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 10:28 AM
novice can be fun
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Novice and Maiden are usually relatively small classes so there is much less hanging around. If all the dogs in either class have already been judged (as most will) it will be even quicker! So I would go for it. At my last Champ show I was the only entry in Novice dog and I didn't even have to go in the ring - I was handed the First place card along with my card from the previous class as I left it!

Gill
rockpig
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks guys, i was just wondering if you thought 4 classes, all of which are in a row, would be too much
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Forget the Yearling you may be against CC winners or even a champion in that one but enter the other 3.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 01:41 PM
I would enter junior and perhaps novice too.
Dawn.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 07:18 PM
I only ever enter one class....if the judge hates your dog its very disheartening going in knowing you're going to be stood at the end of the line.On the other side if you win your class its nice to go into the challenge and the more classes you enter the more chance you have of being beaten.I would enter junior only..and a stakes classs if you wamt more practice.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 07:31 PM
On the other had as you are a novice you may not be placed in the Junior class but may well be in Novice or Maiden as they are the classes for those who are new to the showing game be it the dog or the handler or both.

Think you should forget about the challenge when you first start and just concentrate on enjoying yourself and picking up the places when you can.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 08:12 PM
If you are after Junior Warrant points and have a good day, four wins would set you up nicely! I would say in Dalmatians, most of the entries - who are usually far from Novices - are doing just that but we don't get it scheduled very often (and not at all in Ireland apart from the breed club show)

Gill
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Think you should forget about the challenge when you first start and just concentrate on enjoying yourself and picking up the places when you can.
ohhhh...but it feels good to be in the final line up...even if you know you're not being considered

A recent champ show I went to.....a person had entered his dog into 3 classes to gain JW points.He placed last in the 1st of his classes and proceeded to be thrown out from the next 2

At the end of the day rockpig you will find what suits you and your dog.....I would rather have a fresh dog for 1 class than a bored one for 3 but then my hounds have a short attention span