View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2005, 07:36 PM

Busiest Weekend of the Year for Dalmatians in Ireland!

I am taking a break from loading up the van - I am off tomorrow to Belfast with three spotties and a fridge full of food. Championship show Saturday in Belfast - then south to Dublin where we are staying over on a campsite ready for the Monkstown International (start time 8.30 ) on Sunday morning, and just as we struggle through that one it is the All Ireland Dalmatian Club's Championship show straight after - luckily at the same venue! I just hope the rain holds off as they are all outdoor shows.
Taylor's first show is, luckily, the third one - so he will be nice and fresh - which is more than will be said for me........
Don't expect any posts after tonight until next Tuesday - Monday will be in bed recovering normally one show a week is enough for me!

Wish me luck!

Gill
+
Polo (brainless 5 year old male)
Polly (devious 9 year old female with attitude)
Taylor (6 month old male "well it's only a game, isn't it?????")
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Gill,
good look with the dallies, ur a pro u'll breeze it LOL
I'm sure they will all do greatly and i'm sure u wont be toooooo tired.
I sent u a PM the other day BTW, presume u haven't had chance to reply, anyways
Good luck and hope to hear from you soon
Best wishes
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2005, 08:17 PM
good luck at the shows this weekend
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Good luck Gill hope you have a good time and i'm sure you will do great love to see some pics when you return
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Best of luck Gill, hope your new baby does you proud
Dot
New Member!
Female 

28-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Good luck to you and your dallys, will keep all crossed for you, and will be ready to cheer when you get back :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

hope the weather holds for us here too we are at the BDC midlands funday on saturday.

Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2005, 09:24 PM
It will be tough competition this weekend as there will be the usual UK raiders over on the ferry but you never know....... maybe with three, ONE of them will do something.
Have a great time at the BDC fun day Dot, it's almost impossible not to from what I hear.
Mention of photos - strangely, for the first time ever there WILL be pics taken (by me, somehow) which will be going to the BDC website for their Overseas Shows section, but I am sure I can sneak some on here....... I already have someone lined up to take shots of my boys and girl if only for the family album!

PS Don't ask me to explain what a C.A.C.I.B is, I am still getting to grips with the Green Star system.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Good luck with all of them
I would love to see some pics when you´re back
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2005, 07:05 AM
good luck at the show i hope your dallies win
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Phew! We survived the weekend!
Saturday - Championship show in Belfast - found we were indoors, which usually freaks Polo out. A strong contingent came over from the UK, including the current top Dalmatian in the country. Polo came second to him, and Reserve Green Star (2nd best male). Polly came 4th in the breed class - her age always goes against her - then came 4th in the Veteran Stakes, in an entry of 16. Only Dalmatian placed, beat many champions, so quite a good day.
Sunday - Monkstown International - Polly and Polo both won their classes, and both came 3rd in the Green Star challenge so just missed a rosette (given for Green Star and Reserve Green Star. Still, Polo beat a certain dog for the first time!!!
AIDC Championship show straight after - and Taylor's first show. Well, who would have known that my nice quiet well trained puppy would turn into a bouncing monster! He had a GREAT time! He won Minor Puppy, 2nd in Puppy to the one that was Best in show Puppy eventually, First in Novice.
Polo won Limit dog but no Green Star for him, Green Star went to yesterday's winner who won Open, Reserve went to the Puppy winner so he just missed out again but I was pleased how he went.
Polly was beaten in Veteran to the one she beat the day before, but won a special trophy for the best dog or bitch not to have won a first, this was the first year it was awarded and was in memory of a lady who died recently, (just before I started showing over here) whose daughter has become a friend of mine since. So she was pleased.
So all in all, five firsts, two trophies, three seconds, a third and two fourths.

I'm happy with that considering the competition!

The only pics taken were of Taylor in the ring and I am going to post them now in the photo section, once I have them in photobucket so give me ten minutes...........