View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 08:34 PM

First night with the dogs not in the room!

And I am as bored and as lonely as ever. Is that a sad thing?

As Louie has done something to his elbow and we have been advised to give him rest he's been kept to one level - the babygate has been moved to the bottom of the stairs much to the dogs annoyance and they will be sleeping downstairs, Louie has his chair - which whilst I'm not happy about him being able to jump up on to it - I cannot move it - don't know how we got it through the door in the first place it's so big. I've also set up a crate with a huge comfy bed inside for Sadie and they only have the dining room.

I know I'll miss them than they'll miss me but for once I'll be able to have the bed to myself and I'm not sure I'm happy about that - I quite like the feel of someone on the bed.

I'm going to bed now but I've posted it here because although it is about the dogs it's more about me and I'd like to know how you got on without the dogs in the room if you've ever had to kick them out for whatever reason.
I'll let you know how the night goes/went - depending on whether I get howling or a good nights sleep..

Night all...
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I hope that you manage to get some sleep - it must feel very strange not to have the warm lumps around you; you never know though you might actually get used to it over the next week and not want them back up there

That's one day out of the way for keeping Louie on a short lead and short weeks. Fingers crossed still that this does the trick
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 09:08 PM
You'll never look back.

How did the interview go BTW?
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Hope you slept , I really hate it when there is not at least one animal on the bed (usually its 2 of the dogs and 3 of the cats).
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I hope that you manage to get some sleep - it must feel very strange not to have the warm lumps around you; you never know though you might actually get used to it over the next week and not want them back up there

That's one day out of the way for keeping Louie on a short lead and short weeks. Fingers crossed still that this does the trick
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
You'll never look back.

How did the interview go BTW?
Well Sadie howled, Louie barked and neither of them settled at all - all I could hear was pacing on the floor - I could hear next door's frustration (well now she knows how it feels to be kept awake when you're trying to sleep we have thin walls)

But I relented, carried Louie upstairs and had a peaceful 5 hours sleep. He is heavy. Tonight - they will stay downstairs - if I didn't have to go to a job centre thing today I would've left them downstairs but I needed the sleep and the earplugs weren't helping!

The baby gate will remain in place so he can't get up and downstairs as he pleases. He's only having short walks around the garden - which is big enough at heel.

Labradork - interview went well - will hear next week if I've made the cut or not, they seemed pretty happy to see that I had a knowledge (although it is limited on Dogsey) of raw vs dry/wet as they had seen me buy some prize choice and they were glad that I knew stuff about hamsters and rabbits too or they seemed it. Just have to hope now
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
Hope you slept , I really hate it when there is not at least one animal on the bed (usually its 2 of the dogs and 3 of the cats).
I can say one thing - for the hours I was awake listening to them - hoping they'd shut up - I hated not having a lump on the bed!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Morning Aimee,

How did you go on without them? How did they go on without you?

I would have struggled without mine on the bed.

Hope Louis elbow is okay.

Deb x
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Sorry, must have been asking my question as you were posting yours.

Great minds think alike So they say
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 10:02 AM
I found it really hard going from having my 3 lumps on the bed to having them sleep on the landing, just outside the bedroom door.
They didnt seem to mind at all, but I was a bit sad lol

We have done this now for months and it works very well, they have their space and we have ours. When Dan gets up for work he lets the dogs into the bedroom and they have cuddles and a lie in with me for another hour or so