Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 02:37 PM

Finally . . .

Found someone to (hopefully) help me with Bailey

It's a canine behaviour centre in Cumbria, spoke to the woman who sounds very knowlegable, - I've got to take all 3 dogs up next Friday so she can look at how they interact together as she did say it may be that Bailey is proctecting us (after he sorted out the two shepherds who attacked Poppy!) rather than just disliking other dogs - I hadn't thought of that

I'm all excited now for next friday Hopefully we can do something and settle him down around other dogs

I don't realistically believe we can get him to a place where he's friendly and playful with other dogs, I'll be happy with him just ignoring them
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Ooh let us know how you get on.. ignorance is bliss though I wish Benjie would ignore other dogs..
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Good luck i hope it works out for you
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Gosh what a long way to go from Doncaster! Good Luck
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah it's about 2hrs away but if it'll help Bailey I'm happy to do it (plus OH is working from home so I get a day off from the kids ) hahahaha there's a method in my madness!!
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2011, 01:49 PM
My Milly isn't keen on other dogs at all and just ignores them unless they decide she needs a good sniffing round the backside and then she will snap if I'm not on hand to intervene. (Usually all I need to do is keep a hold of her collar and try and get between the sniffer and the sniffee, until they give up and move on. I try not to make too much of an issue of it with her in case it makes her worse.) Lately though she has got much better although I have no idea why. Good luck with your day.