View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:02 PM
poor little thing. At least it's a good sign that she's eating well. As long as she keeps getting the food in she'll be OK with you to look after her.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by mustards mum
Aw Trish good on you for helping her

Although if you had taken her to the otherside of the road that she kept trying to cross do you think she might have found her family?

Either way she obviously needed some tender loving care and thank God you were there to give it.

I also love the pics
We thought that, but the other side of the road was all houses - lots of cars in and out so we decided in her cureent state it wasn't safe.

We are glad we took her in as she is obviously poorly, I doubt she would have survived had we left her.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Trish
This one would have ended the same had we not got her.
good stuff
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:21 PM
We are glad we took her in as she is obviously poorly, I doubt she would have survived had we left her.
You've definitely done the right thing.
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 09:36 PM
We thought that, but the other side of the road was all houses - lots of cars in and out so we decided in her cureent state it wasn't safe.

Good for you, you obviously did the right thing

I only asked as I remember picking up a duckling from the road, after passig it two or three times, and then taking it to the RSPCA and they told me they would do their best but I should have left the chick as it's mum would have come back for it As we were talking about the M3 I doubt it!!!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Teasel is yet again wide awake at this time of day! She is in her run having something to eat. She takes her medicine very well and tolerates the eye drops. Yesterday while she was having a wander I put my hand in front of her - had white safety gloves on so quite bright - and there was no reaction at all. I tried this a few times from different angles, nothing. I am now certain she is blind.

I have had advice from a rescue centre on treating her cold - an olbas oil steam! Will maybe give it a go later.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Teasel is poorly. I have brought her in and am keeping her warm. Please, please keep your fingers crossed for her.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Oh dear. Just do what you can to make sure she's comfortable and that's the most you can do really.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Awwwww Trish you lovely, lovely person you. I just adore hedgehogs, and knowing you've saved one from a fate worse than death has made my day!! Good luck with him/her. They're just the cutest little things aren't they
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Oh Trish, I have my fingers crossed and sending you and Teasel positive vibes.

Good luck and whatever happens remember you are doing your very best.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »