Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-11-2012, 06:45 PM

Fireworks have started...

Thinking of you all and your doglets. Stay in, stay safe.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 06:54 PM
They started last night here Azz - and more tonight.

I hope that everyone's doggies are okay.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm lucky here, my nearest neighbours are a mile away and because of the kennels they do not launch fireworks. They did a couple last year but warned us well in advanced, apologised a lot (it was a friend that was bringing them) and sent the dogs a gift to make up for it

I hope everyone who is affected is ok though. Scooby used to spend this time of year hiding behind the toilet
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Poor Ollie would of been climbing the walls.

Dillon is so calm about it all. He did have a bark later in the evening last night so I gave him some Valerian tonight he has gone out and watched them from the back garden and is happily dozing even with the big bangs going off.
If he does decide he has had enough and starts barking he will get some Valerian again tonight but so far so good.

I really feel for all of you with dogs that are so stressed by them it is heartbreaking to watch them so frightened.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 07:16 PM
We had a bit of rain just now but unfortunately it was short lived. Seems like everyone's really going for it with the fireworks tonight. Dogs are going nuts. Hating it. And the big day is yet to come.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Stay safe everyone, we have 4th July over here and I hate it, but Thankfully it doesn't get as bad here as it does in the UK around Nov 5th. I really feel for all the owners of scared dogs and also all the wild animals who must wonder what is going on.

Hugs to all the Doggies xx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Cor it's like WW3 out there, We've been playing out on the patio just so the pup is as blase about them as the rest of them but my ears are ringing from the noise it's absolutely deafening with them going off in all directions. We've come in for a break because it will go on for hours yet.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Just a few here a couple of gardens away.

It's this time of year I'm glad Skye has gone deaf as he used to get in such a state.

Fingal loved them and Breagh just likes to stand outside and bark at them.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
We have had more than a week of them now they started on EID evening and I am not sure who is worse Mollie or me I am at the end of my tether here. Can't go out with her so she is having to go to the loo indoors, so massive washing etc even Duncan who usually is fine with them is jumpy now.

Husband in a mood because we are all jumpy and upset.

Had enough really.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Poor Poppy's huddled next to me, head buried in a blanket shaking and shivering away every time we get a loud band she's jumping and peeing herself even though I've got the curtains shut and the TV's so loud I'm getting a headache Darn their brill hearing

The things we do eh!!

She seems to get worse every year, think I'm going to have to see the vet for some doggy prozac for next year
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »