Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
*sigh*

I'm afraid it's called full time work rune. I've just finished a 12 hour day 4 day stretch so as much as I would love to spend every single day trawling threads on Dogsey, I can't as I have to go out and earn a living.

Apologies or not, I'm still waiting on Pidges expert opinion on how my dogs are permenantly hot and stressed because they are panting!

Also, the last time I checked there was no time limit or rule that stated when I could or couldn't reply to a post when I chose to?
If you are not aware of the appolagies and how the thread has moved on then how do you know if Pidge did or didnt answer you??

As I see it she posted that SHE had seen dog in an area that she considered hot and she didnt like that
I never saw a post from her saying your dogs were hot and stressed all the time

Of course dogs pant for many different reasons, if you are in a hot room and see inactive dogs panting then it is pretty fair to think they might be a little hot

Of course many of us have real life and we cant follow a thread 24/7 - but this just sounds like you are wanting to dig up a fight again when everyone else has got over it and are playing nicely now
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
If you are not aware of the appolagies and how the thread has moved on then how do you know if Pidge did or didnt answer you??

As I see it she posted that SHE had seen dog in an area that she considered hot and she didnt like that
I never saw a post from her saying your dogs were hot and stressed all the time

Of course dogs pant for many different reasons, if you are in a hot room and see inactive dogs panting then it is pretty fair to think they might be a little hot

Of course many of us have real life and we cant follow a thread 24/7 - but this just sounds like you are wanting to dig up a fight again when everyone else has got over it and are playing nicely now
True, but the NEC is far from hot!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Hmm I must have been on different days, because I have certainly found it very hot at Crufts sometimes.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Hmm I must have been on different days, because I have certainly found it very hot at Crufts sometimes.
Yep, you must have

Been going to the NEC, for many yrs, and HOT is not what I would describe it...........particularly round the benching area, where there is less people, many people take coats for their dogs for that reason, because it gets very cold!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Yep, you must have

Been going to the NEC, for many yrs, and HOT is not what I would describe it...........particularly round the benching area, where there is less people, many people take coats for their dogs for that reason, because it gets very cold!
So why are the dogs panting then, if they're cold?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Agreed. Every time I have been to the NEC for a show crufts/LKA what ever, I can honestly say I have NEVER been hot - nor have the dogs.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
So why are the dogs panting then, if they're cold?
Who knows Pidge, it could be many reasons,,, other than overheating" or stress, which was your only two reasons possible.

Maybe the owner had taught the dog to pant on command!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Agreed. Every time I have been to the NEC for a show crufts/LKA what ever, I can honestly say I have NEVER been hot - nor have the dogs.
Nor me, hot is not something I would ever call such a big barn of a place, comfortable sometimes , down right cold others...

if it was HOT then you would NOT See people walking round in coats, fleeces , it may get comfortable round the crowded shopping areas, but to say dogs are panting through heat stress, on benches in benching areas is pushing it a bit to far.

Come to think of it, it would be hard pressed to say, I have never been to any venue, (dog show) that I would be any stretch of the imagination say was "hot"!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Who knows Pidge, it could be many reasons,,, other than overheating" or stress, which was your only two reasons possible.
But what are those reasons? If it's definitely never stress or being too hot (or exercise), what is it that makes a dog pant when it's cold and lying still?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Nor me, hot is not something I would ever call such a big barn of a place, comfortable sometimes , down right cold others...

if it was HOT then you would NOT See people walking round in coats, fleeces , it may get comfortable round the crowded shopping areas, but to say dogs are panting through heat stress, on benches in benching areas is pushing it a bit to far.

Come to think of it, it would be hard pressed to say, I have never been to any venue, (dog show) that I would be any stretch of the imagination say was "hot"!
nope I have not found any indoor shows hot, the outside ones in the summer yes can be hot.. But so can a run across the feild in the same weather. Hence dogs are kept in shaded areas ect. (just before someone starts one that)

I get stressed at shows, I worry like a good'un and still I am not hot or walking about panting
Page 58 of 103 « First < 8 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 > Last »