Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2010, 08:54 AM

Showing Teeth

Does anybody's dog show u their teeth but in a funny way not aggresive when the have done something they shouldnt have done.

Kobe is always doing it when we get home if he has scruffed up the rugs or pushed the cushions of the sofa he shows his teeth and its so funny he knows he has done wrong but i just cant help but laugh at him rather than tell him off, if my OH says to him 'what have u done' he sits on his back legs and squeaks and gives u his paw.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 09:07 AM
There used to be a dog on our neighbouring farm that used to show his teeth as if he was smiling, it was so funny, he looked a bit like the farmer when he did it.

He is sadly over the bridge now.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi,

Anyone seen "Beverley Hills Chihuahua"? There's a dog in that film who can "smile" (maybe trick of the camera - not sure) and advertises "Minty Mutt" toothpaste. My Ellie can smile like that nd I can guarantee it's when she's done something she shouldn't.

Yiannis and Zane can "smile" with their bottom teeth. If they're panting and I distract them, the sort of half close their mouths with their bottom teeth sticking out on either side fo their top lips. I'll see if I can get a piccie fo them doin git as I don't think I've explained it too well.

Laura xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Our old girl Reah does it, a real smile

Alot of people have passed comment on the way she smiles, and if she has done anything she shouldn't she comes to us and smiles/grins..............we always know when it's her doing
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Rosie, our old Wheaten, used to smile when she was happy to see you. Funny that all of the dogs that come from Rosie's breeder, all smile
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I had a foster pup that smiled when greeting people... his mom does it too, as well as his little sister (little sis as in a younger litter)

kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I had a foster pup that smiled when greeting people... his mom does it too, as well as his little sister (little sis as in a younger litter)

Lady does the same thing - and makes a snorting noise when she is happy to see you or just when she is excited! Some of our friends find it scary but we like it, it was endeared her to us at the rescue kennels.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Most of my English setters did it, Giddy, bless him, did his all lop sided..but then he is a sandwich short of a picnic

They would do it when I got home, or spoke into their ears, and especially when we had visitors

Leon doesn't do it, although sometimes he looks like he is sneering his nose up when he's excited and I think he is about to smile.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post

Lady does the same thing - and makes a snorting noise when she is happy to see you or just when she is excited! Some of our friends find it scary but we like it, it was what endeared her to us at the rescue kennels.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Showing teeth 'smiling' can be an appeasement gesture, I had a dog who always did it when I returned home
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >