View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 08:55 PM

A Good Day at St Patricks International....

We were in Dublin today for the Irish equivalent of Crufts, the IKC/FCI St Patrick's Day show which ran over two days (virtually unheard of over here! ).
A good entry, Deccy was beaten into second but he is a bit thin just now, and he got his first "excellent" rating which puts him at "Champion" quality. (FCI judging is a bit strange to the uninitiated). He went very well and I was pleased with him.
Polly not only got an "Excellent" but was Best Veteran in Breed, which qualified her for Best Veteran in Show - and she came 4th overall!! This was despite bouncing around and fidgeting!!! It was great to be in the big ring with a spotlight on us as we were called up and another rosette. Polly is coming up 10 and I keep thinking of retiring her, but maybe not yet - she loves it!
I am now exhausted after the marathon to Crufts last week, thank goodness we have a local Open next weekend!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2006, 03:53 AM
Well done Deccy and Polly
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Well done Deccy - sounds like you need to have a bit of a rest girl !
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Well done Deccy and Polly, I knew you were champs. xxxxxx
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Well done Deccy and Polly :smt038
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Oooo well done deccy! Ive only just seen this post! lol We did the st paddys day show with our two terrors! They had fun! what day did you show? We did the friday and arrived at the show at about 6:30! Lol all the people who were getting off the ferry had to que around the island because they wouldnt let us into the showgroud! People who were driving past couldnt work out what was going on! Bit cold there wasnt it?!

sarah xxxx
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 07:36 PM
I showed on the Saturday and got there at 7.30, it's a gentle hop up a couple of motorways for me, takes an hour and a half.
Yes it has been FREEZING here for weeks it was a lot milder last winter, I was on my feet for 12 hours on Saturday so Sunday went in a bit of a blur as I was resting most of the time!
How did you get on?
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Yeah sunday was a bit of a blur for us, we left home on thursday night and didnt get back till sunday morning at 5:00am! and i didnt sleep till then! Ah well it was great fun! Lottie and dougal both won their class and were both graded excellent lottie nearly got the res green star again, but she was up agaisnt a bitch who was 5 and lottie is 18 months, but the judge said that she will deffinatly do some winning and she was the best mover there! so we were really pleased! It was great to go again tho because we know a few people there who do all the irish show and it was nice to meet up.

sarah xxxx
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 07:12 AM
Well done, that's great! Are you coming back for Combined next month?

If anyone wants to know show dates/secretary details for Irish and International shows in Ireland, PM me and I'll let you know.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy
Well done, that's great! Are you coming back for Combined next month?

If anyone wants to know show dates/secretary details for Irish and International shows in Ireland, PM me and I'll let you know.
Thanks deccy! Were not doin the combined one, as we have norman! lol I dont think we will be over till may, for the irish soft coated wheaten club show.

Sarah xxx