Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:07 PM

Snoop, nearly a goner

My grandson Levi has a AM Bulldog, Snoop. Last night, his grandad went to his house and inadvertantly left the gate and the front door open, Snoop dashed out onto the road and actually got hit by 2 cars coming from opposite directions, he was sort of sandwiched between them, my 10 year old grandson who was running after him saw it happen. Luckily, they live in a cul de sac so the cars werent going too fast. Snoop had 2 large gashes, quite deep but strangely not bleeding. He was also vomitting up blood, we thought he might have internal injuries, and his breathing seemed laboured (all this was related to me by phone. They couldnt get a vet to come out for love nor money and had to wait till surgery opened at 9 this morning.
He was able to walk and was wagging his tail last night, not eating but drinking plenty, not his usual manic self and obviously the bloody vomit and laboured breath were very worrying.
My grandson refused to go to bed last night and sat up with Snoop, he was too worried that if he slept, Snoop might die.
Anyhow, after a thorough going over by the vet, he pronounced Snoop to be ok, said the vomit was probably caused by shock, he gave him some tablets and sent him home. He also decided not to stitch his wounds as they had dried up very well over night and he thought they would be fine.
needless to say, Levi is one very happy little boy and Snoop seems to be doing fine
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2007, 10:14 PM
God that was lucky.

I'm really pleased that Snoop is ok.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Wow that was lucky! Hugs to them both and hope Snoop is back to his usual self quickly x
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Thankyou both, i havent heard anything else since this morning, so hopefully no news is good news
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:26 PM
what a lucky snoop.

my cousins staffie got hit by a white van man - he did more damage to the van than itr did to him
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
what a lucky snoop.

my cousins staffie got hit by a white van man - he did more damage to the van than itr did to him
Lol, I can imagine. Snoop is a big well built dog so that might have gone in his favour. Only one of the drivers actually stopped to see if he was ok, the other drove off.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:31 PM
OMG cant believe one drove off! What a B*STARD! Unbelieveable!

Anyway yeah im sure his build was a big help to him not being injured any worse x
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Awwwww snoop was really luckly im so pleased
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Sorry to hear this. Hope snoops ok
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Blimey, thank goodness it wasn't alot worse, get well soon to Snoop.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >