View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Ahem! You know why I couldn't find it?????? It's by Lou Rawls! Lol! Just found that out thanks to you Kel!!!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by legendaryone View Post
Just a small point it is NOT illegal to download music free or otherwise, it is illegal to download some music and video etc but there is alot of music out there which is free legally.

I use torrents as they are much safer (no virus's or trojans) and you get some very fast download speeds Mika's album took just 10 minutes this morning.

A did a very quick guide to torrents here
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=72750

In the guide i mention Demonoid, that site is currently having a problem and only the forum is running.

Any questions just ask
Am I right in thinking that free downloding is illegal if you don't have permission from the copyright holder to download in the first place?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Ahem! You know why I couldn't find it?????? It's by Lou Rawls! Lol! Just found that out thanks to you Kel!!!!
Lol! No problem glad it helped!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Am I right in thinking that free downloding is illegal if you don't have permission from the copyright holder to download in the first place?
More or less, it depends on what is in the agreement but its normally the downloading and distribution of the file.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
More or less, it depends on what is in the agreement but its normally the downloading and distribution of the file.
That's alright then, cos that's what I meant!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Surely I'm not the only one being naughty and illegal am I???!!! I'd better keep quiet about this now then!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Surely I'm not the only one being naughty and illegal am I???!!! I'd better keep quiet about this now then!!
Oh no, I still do it! I just wanted to clarify what was legal/illegal as my orignal post was questioned. Plus I just miss the whole CD thing after years of downlaoding I think!

Have you worked out how to burn 10-20 albums onto 1 CD yet H? Now that's the business!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 08:15 PM
er no, not yet!!!

My thing is more about having all my fave's on one disc, and I remember the days when I had to sort through hundreds of tapes to find certain tracks and then make another tape of all my fave's, oh how simple life is now for you lot, you'll never know what us oldies went through to do all this!!! I can even go back to the plastic and vinyl days, to get them all on a tape too! Now, it's just a click away, all of it!

On certain tracks I'm finding the same old advert though "hello you fellow Americans...." blah blah blah, and I'm so desperate to get that Lou Rawls one, it's now done my head in coz I have to keep deleting it!!!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4