Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Well, as most here probably know, I've spent quite a while in hospital this last year or so. Now, I like my music, and an iPod certainly beats lugging a suitcase full of CDs. Also, when I was in first, the nurses at Aberdeen RI broke three of my CD players (knocking them off tables). The iPod goes under the pillow, where it's safer!

Snorri
You crack me up Snorri, I'm afraid this one about the lugging the suitacase full of cd's has just got to go in you know where!!!!!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 07:31 PM
So glad you have managed it Helen, happy listening, you can even burn them on to CD, but do not ask me how to do that, because I haven`t got round to doing that yet.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Helen I use Livewire all the time.

To get the fastest download just don't try to download more than 10 songs at a time.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Glad you have cracked it now or I would have got Chloe to have shown you - she tried to explain it to me but...... never really got the hang of it!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Helen I use Livewire all the time.

To get the fastest download just don't try to download more than 10 songs at a time.
Thanks for that tip Colin coz it's painfully sloooooow!! Tcht, have to delete some of them then, but then I'll forget what I remembered I liked! Lol!

Oh this is taking me back, Rose Royce Wishing on a Star, Stylistics, My Girl, love 'em all!!!!

Thanks for all your help, I'm going to log out of here too coz that might be slowing it up a tad!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Dont forget they will go straight into your library once they are downloaded and then you can click on them with enqueue and then you can have continuous play.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:52 PM
OH uses Limewire but uses Bit Torrent when he wants a full album or Emule as well.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I use Limewire all the time, havent bought any music in years
legendaryone
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
To be honest I'm going the opposite way now!

I used to download music using Limewire, but the problem is free downloading is illegal and they're starting to clamp down a lot more on it. Now it's highly unlikely they'd target people like me who downloaded all of about 2 songs a week, but you just don't know these days do you?!

If you want to download you can use Limewire for free (illegal) or use a site like itunes and pay for individual tracks.

TBH I go to Asda and buy CDs now cos places like itunes just rip you off when you consider how much you actually end up paying for an album with no actual cd or cover etc.

So in short, for free downloads I'd use Limewire!
Just a small point it is NOT illegal to download music free or otherwise, it is illegal to download some music and video etc but there is alot of music out there which is free legally.

I use torrents as they are much safer (no virus's or trojans) and you get some very fast download speeds Mika's album took just 10 minutes this morning.

A did a very quick guide to torrents here
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=72750

In the guide i mention Demonoid, that site is currently having a problem and only the forum is running.

Any questions just ask
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I know what to get everyone here for xmas now. Eye patches and parrots for there shoulders.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >