View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Well... I pondered over this thread last night whilst laying in bed accompanied by my little fluffy cat.

I'm more into dogs, purely because I personally, get more out of them. I can go out with them and they are a lot more extrovert - demanding attention and always in my face. They're good for keeping me going and getting me up in a morning.

My cats are also demanding, but in a different way, try working on the computer or reading and there's a cat on the keyboard/book.
Go to the loo, and there's a cat on the basket next to you purring at you and trying to sit on your knee
But they are less invading than dogs just because they're not as loud/big!

Having dalmatians who are always on the go, it's nice to sit down and relax with a cat purring away and I must admit, she does look kind of cool when you walk past my room and there's a long haired black cat laid on your white bedding... it's kind of striking!

She may 'only' be a moggy but she doesn't know it!
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I love cats and dogs,we've always had family cats and I've hand-reared about 12 kittens. We don't have one at the moment as we live in a flat and I don't like the idea of an indoor cat. Still take on fosters though!
Foo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I love cats but mine cant live with me lol We have a falconry business and a cat is bad news for their safety. But I also work in a kennel and cattery and I keep her there lol she has lots of other cats to play with and can live without restrictions. I miss not having her to stroke in the evenings but ive usually got a hawk left hand and a dog on my right neither of which would take kindly to Shrek!
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I do prefer dogs and I swore that I would never have another cat when my last cat (whom I loved dearly and we had an amazing bond) was run over on a small lane outside our house 5 years ago. However, I think fate has a way of working at times and two years ago this Christmas a little feral tabby boy turned up in our garden with icicles hanging from his coat, thin and wormy with fleas and earmites and my heart just couldn't ignore him, apparently one of our neighbours who moved away used to feed him and I think the little cat was desperate for food so came to our door miaowing in the snow. It took a long time to build the trust but we now have a cat who has claimed my bedroom as his own and who prefers to be indoors rather than out (home comforts and all that)

So although I didn't want another and I do prefer dogs, our little guy chose us and he only needs to hear my voice now to erupt with volcano like purring, cats can be very affectionate and I think in his own way, he knows what we have done for him and is glad to have a home.
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8