Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 07:59 AM

Salmonella Poisoning

Oh well ive been ill for about a week now and finally went to the docs yday and was told that i more than likely have salmonella poisoning. Im gutted but at the same time im very pleased that i have not went and seen my nana in hospital as it can transfeer easily. I wonder how much longer im goiing to have it as ive just joined the gym and im raring to go lol
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Gosh, that can really knock you about! Good job you were sensible and stayed away from your nan.

Hopefully you will start to pick up again soon but take it steady at the gym for a while!

Take care

Ali xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:09 AM
I had a suspected case a few months ago - it really knocks you back doesn't it. With mine, I thought I just had a 24 hour bug but it went on for days and days.

Just like you it took me about a week to go the doctors and I was told a similar thing...also told that they can't do anything for me.

I think what cured me was she gave me a stool sample bottle so that they could confirm what I had.....just the thought of having to get the sample seemed to do the trick and I recovered really quickly after that!

Fingers crossed you are over the worst too and you'll soon be back to normal.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I had a suspected case a few months ago - it really knocks you back doesn't it. With mine, I thought I just had a 24 hour bug but it went on for days and days.

Just like you it took me about a week to go the doctors and I was told a similar thing...also told that they can't do anything for me.

I think what cured me was she gave me a stool sample bottle so that they could confirm what I had.....just the thought of having to get the sample seemed to do the trick and I recovered really quickly after that!

Fingers crossed you are over the worst too and you'll soon be back to normal.

ROFL the doc did exactly the same to me. She said i had all the symptoms but if i wanted scientific proof then i had to do a stool sample. Said if it goes on for another 3-4 days then i have a bad case and i need to do one. I so hope it clears up lol.

Talk about stomach cramps, and ive got to go out shopping today, not sure if ill make it lol. Big fingers crossed i do tho, otherwise ill be a laughing stock haha
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
ROFL the doc did exactly the same to me. She said i had all the symptoms but if i wanted scientific proof then i had to do a stool sample. Said if it goes on for another 3-4 days then i have a bad case and i need to do one. I so hope it clears up lol.

Talk about stomach cramps, and ive got to go out shopping today, not sure if ill make it lol. Big fingers crossed i do tho, otherwise ill be a laughing stock haha
I can laugh now, but it was really bad back then, so I have every sympathy.

Have you been trying to eat normally? I decided to do the same to me as I would for the dogs - I starved myself completely for 24 hours. After that I just had very small amounts of food - dry toast and digestives biscuits seemed to be best.....oh and loads of lucazade!

I must admit I didn't risk going anywhere until I was really sure - certainly not while I was having stomach cramps. If you really do need to go out, perhaps a change of clothes would be sensible just in case!

On the up side, I did loose a shedful of weight!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 10:37 AM
sending ''get well soon'' hugs xxxxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Feel better soon x
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I can laugh now, but it was really bad back then, so I have every sympathy.

Have you been trying to eat normally? I decided to do the same to me as I would for the dogs - I starved myself completely for 24 hours. After that I just had very small amounts of food - dry toast and digestives biscuits seemed to be best.....oh and loads of lucazade!

I must admit I didn't risk going anywhere until I was really sure - certainly not while I was having stomach cramps. If you really do need to go out, perhaps a change of clothes would be sensible just in case!

On the up side, I did loose a shedful of weight!
By trying to eat normally you do mean eating chinese, kfc and indian food dont you lol. Thats my normal diet. Quite a healthy one as well lol. I think im goiing to have to eat a bland diet for a few days and see what happens. It is funny in a way, altho im glad im not working at the mo as i would have had to take the full week off and prob this one too. no signs that its goiing away anytime soon.

Oh i had to skip 2 shops but apart from that i made it to the most important places, pepsi has her cows ears and treats.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys, i really hope all does get better soon. I dont think i can handle seeing the loo anymore lol. A bit too graphic but soooo true. I have no dignity lol
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 01:32 PM
seriously I think that eating only prolongs the agony as the culture (whatever it is) has something to feed on. Must admit that I lost my appetite almost completely after a few days as the thought of what was going to happen next really put me off

PS glad Pepsi got her cows ears (didn't know you could cows ears)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >