Our sister sites
Our sister sites
4dogsandababy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2008, 11:37 PM

Bye Blue

Hiya all,

Don't know if this is the right place to put it but we recently had to give up our Blue Merle b/c - Blue.

As some of you may be aware I put a post up about Missy's (my Lab) aggression problem and constantly growling at Blue. Well........... it got worse.

It had got to the point where Missy was constanly hiding behind the sofa and when she did come out it was only to have a fight with Blue! The fights got worse and to the point where they were drawing blood. I had tried everything! It wasn't fair to either of the dogs so I decieded we had to let her go.

I put an ad on the internet and the next day I appointment's coming out of my ears! An couple from the other side of Barnsley came - absoluetly lovely couple - and took one look at her and fell in love. Blue went straight to them as if they had always been her owner!!! They had just lost their b/c before christmas so they were ideal as had previously had b/c's they know how much excersise she will need.

They took her there and then and rung me as soon as they got home to let me know they were back and how she was coz as soon as they put her lead on to leave I started to blubber!!! and I think they felt a bit awkward

They have kept in contact since and will be sending me pics shortly And they said I can go over and see her anytime I like!

I think i'm just coming round now after a few weeks, that's why it's taken me quite a while to post this. And i'm coming more to terms with it as I know now it was the right decision as Missy is a lot happier I don't think i'v ever seen her so much during the day! And i'm sure Blue is happy where she is too! She'l be spoilt rotten!

So sorry to babble on but your the first people i've really talked to about it! no-one else understands

So im back now and i'l cu around the site xXx

p.s thanks for listening!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Awe hun I moved Woody at the weekend as well, sat and sobbed buckets specially when I was giving him his final trim. Things seem a bit quiter here at the moment as mums got the other dog while I have puppies and I've only got Spence and hes laid back now woodies gone
I know exactlly what your going through xxxxx
4dogsandababy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Aww thanx Morganstar Oh me too - I balled my eyes out! Things are really quiet here too and Honey misses her alot, when we go to bed she waits for her at the top of the stairs I could cry watching her!

Hope things ease for you aswell and you'll be busy soon with the pups good look with them and you'l av to let us hav a peek of them

xXx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Thanks, Libby's missing woody there brother and sister and the longest they've been seperated was 4 days
If you look at the blog section theres a few puppy photo's.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Sometimes you just have to do what's best for your dogs, regardless of how heartbreaking it is.

Hugs honey - so many of us have been where you are now xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Awwwwww hun all my love and hugs coming your way.
My son had to do exactly the same thing 2 years or so back, he'd taken on a JRT(about 6 months old) with the one he already had, but as Bugsy grew, so did the fights between the dogs.
Then one day whilst I was there, they had a fight over a piece of bread that had fallen off the work-top, it was terrifying, Bugsy just would not let go of Pappi's face, I literally had to force her mouth open, blood was everywhere. Pappi's face was a mess and I rushed her to the vets where she was sutred.
Bugsy was rehomed with the Father of Gary's friend..........2 years on, Bugsy is a stunner, she walks for miles every day as Dad is retired, and she is one of the happiest dogs alive.
Glad your feeling alittle better, I am sure you did the right thing. xxxxxx
4dogsandababy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Thank you Vicky and Youngstevie for your support and taking your time to read my essay

Youngstevie it's really good to hear that Bugsey is doing really well - it's really reasurring.

thank you both again xXx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by 4dogsandababy View Post
Thank you Vicky and Youngstevie for your support and taking your time to read my essay

Youngstevie it's really good to hear that Bugsey is doing really well - it's really reasurring.

thank you both again xXx
Your so very welcome.
Obviously I don't know your circumstances with the dogs, but I know that my son tried everything, training classes etc., the lot. He was broken hearted when he had to part with Bugsy, she was a little cracker.
But as fate had it, she seems to be a dog that needs that 'one to one' which she has now.
Ray (the chap who has her) calls her 'his little life-saver', as he had major heart surgery and was told to walk Ex amount of miles a day, as you can imagin, this was looking very bleak for Ray as his OH works, so does his son and the daughter, Ray had a real problem with not working again as well, so Bugsy came along at just the right moment.
Who would of thought that a little fighter like her, would turn out so well. She even pops 4 doors down (every morning) to the paper shop and is given Ray's paper, whilst he is sorting himself out, she trots back presents the paper, which he reads with a cuppa then off they go walking thier miles together.
Ray has had her now (I think) 2 years might be a little longer, but she is never parted from him and the bloke is looking so well now.
So I am Sure Blue will benefit too, and will be so much happier without the fights. xxxxxxxxx hugs Hun
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I know exactly how you all feel too, as we too moved our Petal on 3 weeks ago, I knew I would be upset but didn't realize just how upset I would be, I cried solid for nearly 2 hours. The worst thing is she's only gone to live with my OH's Aunt, and is really close by, but as I carried her out to the car and said goodbye both me and Paul's aunty (Carol) were sobbing our hearts out, she kept asking if I was sure. Then just a week after she went she came in season for the first time, I felt like I wanted to go and get her back, but knew she was having the time of her life with her now new family.

Carol still rings me 2 or 3 times a week to give me updates and to let me know what mischief she has got up to and I still miss her like crazy....Flora more so as they were partners in crime, but I know she is being a completely pampered pooch.

We decided to let her go to Carol as she is now in remission from Cancer, they lost their lab when she was first diagnosed and she said one day she would get another dog....so this seemed perfect (for them)

Also after Petals eye op, we were told she wasn't to knock or bump it and when you have a house of 9 crazy cocker's it was virtually impossible to watch her 24/7.

So sadly I also know what you're going through
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 05:18 PM
yes it is a terrible thing to have to do ,but if they dont get on ,you really dont have much choice ,you cant have them falling out all the time , i have a blue merle boy ,i know how hard it must have been to part with such alovely creature ,you have done the right think .and like you say she will be well looked after ,if they have just lost one ,they will cherish blue . so its a happy ending