View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristal
New Member!
Female 

22-02-2012, 09:25 AM

My Tibetan terrier is having TPLO surgery ..

Hi,
TT is having TPLO surgery today as she has ruptured ligaments and displaced her knee cap. Didn't see how it happened but when she gets back from the pooch parlour, she runs around like a lunatic for a day or two and does a lot of jumping - so I think that's how it happened.
I have opted for TPLO as it appears to have the best outcome however I am really stressed out as it is extremely invasive surgery and am worried about the risks and complications.
I have ordered the largest crate I could find on the Web to keep her contained in a smaller space as she is an excellent guard dog and will jump up and run to the doors as soon as anyone sets foot in our property.
She is having the operation today (Wednesday 22nd Feb) and I feel sick with worry - suppose that is natural!
Would love to hear from owner's of medium-sized breeds (rather than large breeds) who have opted for TPLO please!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2012, 09:52 AM
No experience, sorry, but hope it goes well.....

x0x
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2012, 10:26 AM
No experience either just wanted to send {{{hugs}}} and flobbery kisses to you both
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Hope the ops goes well. I don't have any experience of this either im afraid.
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Sorry, our dog didn't have the TPLO op so can't really help.

Hope all goes well today, fingers crossed. I was always a right mess when our dog had to have an operation.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Sorry I too have no experience of TPLO surgery. But all the best for your TT from me and my TTs.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Sorry, no experience of TPLO surgery here either but there is at least one member on here who has so I'll point her in this direction for you.

It is natural to be very worried, would be more concerned if you weren't! Thinking of you today and hope your dog's operation is very successful and she recovers well.

All the best to you and your TT. xx
Kristal
New Member!
Female 

22-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Sorry I too have no experience of TPLO surgery. But all the best for your TT from me and my TTs.
Hi,
Many thanks for your good wishes. I am in such a state .... but guess not feeling as bad as my poor wee doggy is right now! Your TT's are gorgeous - same colouring as my Kristal. I'm Lorraine BTW.
Take care and thanks again.
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2012, 02:03 PM
I have lots of experience but have a large breed dog so just wanted to say she'll be fine honest it's a fantastic op with great results.
Woody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Hope that the op goes well. I met a dog recently a med sized one who'd had this op and she was fine after it. That was done at Broadleys.

I've been reading a bit about it as one of mine maybe having this op but at moment vets not sure if it's her hip or the cruciate so on lead then if still limping x rays

Woody
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >