Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
At the end of the day you can always choose where you want to live.

Id not live on a main road because of the cats & possiblity that we could make a mistake & the dogs could get out worse case senario. Hence i would never live on a road,
Nor would i live anywhere with rattlesnakes, i wouldnt walk my dogs any where near alligators or in a desert or on a muddy beach. id not live on a cliff edge, under a volcano or any where that had lots of earth quakes or other natural disasters.I choose safe walks where the dangers are measured. My dogs are trained to recall , instant down & leave command. My dogs are my responsibilty & its my responsibity not to put them in danger . On walks i look out for changing circumstances & react accordling, if this means slipping their leads on for two secs or 15 mins then i will do, because i have a recall of course its easy because i can get my dogs back!!!!
Good post Mish. I too put Tai on the lead in any situation of danger, such as roads, livestock, horses, etc. As far as roads go, he hardly ever goes anywhere near them. We can step right out of our back gate onto the set aside which is great, and we are very lucky. I hate having to put him on the lead, so I try to avoid all the dodgy situations. But you can get caught out so easily, so as you say our dogs are our responsibility, and it is up to us to train them to have at least a reasonable level of recall. I personally think this is possible with any breed of dog, including naughty Mally's !! The robust discussions I have had with Sibe and Mal owners on this subject !
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
At the end of the day if CM is such a fantastic dog communicator.....couldnt he just teach daddy the "leave" command?

You've got a point there ! I cannot remember Mish the lead up to the episode, but normally Daddy is the most obedient and calm of dogs. One has to assume that this is something to do with his breed - stubborn, tenacious and totally immune to pain - except for an electric shock.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
They looked absolutely thrilled to be let off their leads Louise !

I bet they are not quite so enthusiastic on them !
Seriously??

They are like that on a lead, they are like that in the garden, they are like that on the bouncy castle in the garden, on the trampoline in the garden...

They don't just behave like that off a lead..

Here..look at these..

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/my_shared

do they show depressed unhappy dogs that are only happy off a lead?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
they must be, they live their life on the lead.

Cant you see how depressed they look!!!

Fab, loved the video, what a Star he is
Agreed. But you have to bear in mind that during the filming they WERE off lead. Rather a relevant point don't you think?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Seriously??

They are like that on a lead, they are like that in the garden, they are like that on the bouncy castle in the garden, on the trampoline in the garden...

They don't just behave like that off a lead..

Here..look at these..

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/my_shared

do they show depressed unhappy dogs that are only happy off a lead?

I'll have to take your word for it ! Couldn't get the link to work, it wanted my password !
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:31 PM
You've got a point there ! I cannot remember Mish the lead up to the episode, but normally Daddy is the most obedient and calm of dogs. One has to assume that this is something to do with his breed - stubborn, tenacious and totally immune to pain - except for an electric shock.
Which sadley only goes to show high hed have to have that collar to get a effect!!!!

I was under the impression that pits were very bright & clever & trainable
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Sorry wrong link..try again..

http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_share...edium=text_url
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
They even have their own bouncy castle!!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site...97c54b5ac59e1f
That was brilliant! I love the way they bounce all over one another ... while your poor OH (I presume ) is busy trying to sort out the castle.

So funny! I will show my OH when he comes down and he will love it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Agreed. But you have to bear in mind that during the filming they WERE off lead. Rather a relevant point don't you think?
I know what you are trying to say but that was a lovely, safe situation. It was wonderful to see. However, you can't have dogs leaping and rolling around by the side of the road or similar, can you? So then, they need to be on a lead for everyone's safety.

The good thing this video illustrated was that even though dogs have to spend time on lead, they can still enjoy freedom. And how, eh?
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
That was brilliant! I love the way they bounce all over one another ... while your poor OH (I presume ) is busy trying to sort out the castle.

So funny! I will show my OH when he comes down and he will love it.
Look at the last link there are loads..the trampoline one is thre too
Page 11 of 45 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »