Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 06:31 AM

Grrr the council!

I'm so annoyed at the council!
Last week they didn't take our bin even though it was out in time, neat and in the right place. They didn't take our recycling either. So I filled in the form for a missed collection, but nobody came to collect our bins at all. So this week they were out again, same thing. Shane actually saw the binmen walk straight past our bins and go to the next ones down the road, and then drive off.
I'm so annoyed! There's no reason why they wouldn't take our bins, it's ridiculous! I can't go another week without a bin collections, it won't fit in the wheelie bin and they don't take them if they're overflowing or bags next to the bin, so we'll have too much waste for weeks now, for absolutely no reason.
I've also got to deal with our fire alarm panel that has a fault and makes a noise but the engineer took the key away so I can't switch it off and the guy said he hasn't got a spare key so he has to go get one from london, which takes ages.

And I ran out of dog food.

Life as an adult is so complicated.. sigh
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Have you rung the council they use to have to come out the same day if the rubbish got missed. That's probably changed now like everything else. I would ring though and complain.

Good luck with the alarm. Being a grown up isn't always fun is it ?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Grrrrrr! How frustrating!!

I emailed the council requesting a second bin as our family size goes from 4 to 7 or 8 on a weekend....still no reply! The helpline suggested emailing as they couldn't help. I didn't have a car then and their suggestion was that I should rely on family and friends with cars to do a weekly tip run for me!
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2013, 07:58 AM
I would ring them and start shouting down the phone.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Have you rung the council they use to have to come out the same day if the rubbish got missed. That's probably changed now like everything else. I would ring though and complain.

Good luck with the alarm. Being a grown up isn't always fun is it ?
Hah nope lol. But it's good also. The downside of having your own place is simply when something goes wrong you have to take care of it yourself.
I've tried finding a phone number for the council.. but nowadays it's almost impossible. Everything is 'fill out this complaint form' and 'click on these buttons' and we'll see if we want to get back to you..

Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Grrrrrr! How frustrating!!

I emailed the council requesting a second bin as our family size goes from 4 to 7 or 8 on a weekend....still no reply! The helpline suggested emailing as they couldn't help. I didn't have a car then and their suggestion was that I should rely on family and friends with cars to do a weekly tip run for me!
Good luck with that.. Of course, your friends and family have nothing better to do every week than drive you to the tip. It's not like you pay the council to come and collect your bins!
Our neighbours downstairs do not recycle ANYTHING so everything goes in their rubbish bins. When their bin is full it goes in ours.. I try to minimise my waste but I refuse to go through neighbour's bags because they fill up our bin. Plus their bin is bigger than ours!

Originally Posted by FluffHippo View Post
I would ring them and start shouting down the phone.
Sadly I'd only be shouting at some poor mite in a call centre.. And they will probably just tell me to go fill out some kind of form online..
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Once,Florence I could live with,second time would really tick my off Soon piles up even if you're a recycling fanatic( which I am)
When are bin men arrive to collect bin if you have a few extra they will let you chunk them in yourself
Wouldn't mind a one off( neighbour using my bin Defo wouldn't let them make a habit of it though!!Occasionally we have random checks on our bins by the council.A warning for the first item that could be recycled,fine the second time.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Once,Florence I could live with,second time would really tick my off Soon piles up even if you're a recycling fanatic( which I am)
When are bin men arrive to collect bin if you have a few extra they will let you chunk them in yourself
Wouldn't mind a one off( neighbour using my bin Defo wouldn't let them make a habit of it though!!Occasionally we have random checks on our bins by the council.A warning for the first item that could be recycled,fine the second time.
Wow! Where do you live??
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Wow! Where do you live??
Nr.Ireland
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Hah nope lol. But it's good also. The downside of having your own place is simply when something goes wrong you have to take care of it yourself.
I've tried finding a phone number for the council.. but nowadays it's almost impossible. Everything is 'fill out this complaint form' and 'click on these buttons' and we'll see if we want to get back to you..

Good luck with that.. Of course, your friends and family have nothing better to do every week than drive you to the tip. It's not like you pay the council to come and collect your bins!
Our neighbours downstairs do not recycle ANYTHING so everything goes in their rubbish bins. When their bin is full it goes in ours.. I try to minimise my waste but I refuse to go through neighbour's bags because they fill up our bin. Plus their bin is bigger than ours!
Oooo and definitely don't get me started on my neighbours and bins! The don't work, never have that I can gather, have four children, three of whom are over 18 and only one of those works, they have two cars, the housing association are always doing maintenance and improvements on their home and garden....and they have two bins because they meet the criteria for an extra bin. Grrrrrrr.