View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 12:08 PM
For me, at the moment, it would probably be a Malinois. I do really like them but don't think I would choose one over a GSD so I probably won't ever own one.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 12:09 PM
I think for me it would be something like a French bulldog, English bulldog, Boston Terrier or Pug - I think they are adorable to look at - I just couldn't own them with those poor snorty noses and potential health issues!
Cadi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Border Collies. They were my favorite as a kid and I still have a soft spot for those keen eyes and expressive ears. I just worry that I can never give them a fulfilling life that they deserve.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Newfies. Wonderful dogs but too big, too hairy, with too short a lifespan for me.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 12:31 PM
see i love all the large breeds, and id love them one day (specially a dane and a leonberger) but until i am out of the house with the rule "no big dogs" (even though she was talking about getting a german sheperd the other day ) im afraid i wont be having a big dog any time soon...
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Wolfdog
rottie
WheatenDaneMom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Danes are so hit or miss. My friend's dane is being put down at age 5 with Cancer... but ours is almost 8 and is healthy as can be.

I had a personal experience with a Saluki. I was driving 7 hrs to visit my family. My coworker asked me if I would pick up a dog she is rescuing on the way back. I had a tiny geo tracker, my husband and I, and a huge ferret cage... it's 7pm, getting dark, no service station in sight and my car starts overheating on the highway... my husband gets out of the car and that damn saluki jumped right out after him, leash and all and starts running down the highway. Couldn't catch him, never saw him again. If I had known more about the breed I would have tied him to the inside of the car.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by WheatenDaneMom View Post
Danes are so hit or miss. My friend's dane is being put down at age 5 with Cancer... but ours is almost 8 and is healthy as can be.

I had a personal experience with a Saluki. I was driving 7 hrs to visit my family. My coworker asked me if I would pick up a dog she is rescuing on the way back. I had a tiny geo tracker, my husband and I, and a huge ferret cage... it's 7pm, getting dark, no service station in sight and my car starts overheating on the highway... my husband gets out of the car and that damn saluki jumped right out after him, leash and all and starts running down the highway. Couldn't catch him, never saw him again. If I had known more about the breed I would have tied him to the inside of the car.
Thats why dogs should be in crates or seatbelted when traveling, its also unsafe to have a dog loose in the car bit like not seat belting a kid.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Nice idea for a thread.

Mine would be
GSD's = I adore them but am not the owner for them I do not think although I do like them very much.
Dobermans = Again beautiful to look at and those I have met have been superb but not sure I am the owner for them.
Collies = Adore a nice Border but too much energy and quick for me I think they need a job/outlet which I could not provide.

Irish Wolfhounds and Deerhounds = much too big for me but in the right setting...............I would have one like a shot.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Snow lion Tibetan Mastiff ..

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »