Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 07:33 AM

Cockerdor!!!! :0(

My walks are so interesting at the moment!

Met a couple of owners with their dogs, a Hungarian Vizsla and what appeared to be a Labrador, and stopped to have a chat as Lily wanted to play. Whilst talking about the dogs, the owner of the 'Labrador' said that he was infact a Cocker Spaniel X Labrador or in her words, a Cockerdor!!! I said, please tell me that mum was the Lab and she said no, the Cocker was the mum!!

I remarked how irresponsible and dangerous it was and although she agreed, she had paid the breeder and so actively encouraged and condoned the mating.

I'm getting less and less tolerant of these stupid people who are coming up with crosses that are now not only pointless but also dangerous to the dam. I had already said my bit earlier to a CockerXpoodle owner about the senselessness of that mix and by purchasing one, she had denied long established breeds such as the Poodle, Bichon, Bedlington and more non shedding dogs of a home.

It makes you wonder where this will end.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 07:38 AM
It will never end, the stupidity of human nature, at times, is to have something that doesn't already exist, unfortunately this means they want to meddle with dog breeds, pity they are living, breathing, feeling animals that are their desire
For example I came up with idea of Maltipoo's thinking even if some crossed them surely they wouldn't use that mix of name.........but yeap, my joke turned into a real website..............all I can say is .........................WTF
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 07:42 AM
I've often been asked about putting Hamish across Gracie, and producing Springadors! It's not something I'm even willing to think about, Gracie is so much smaller than Hamish.

I don't understand why people will do crosses that will be dangerous to the dam, even though my dogs aren't pets, I still love each and every one of them, and couldn't do something that would put their lives at risk.

At least you had the chance to educate. Whether she takes it on board is a whole different matter though!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 07:46 AM
It drives me absolutely bonkers! Totally, completely and absolutely unnecessary!
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Pointer X Setter = Poinsetter, a traditional Christmas pet.

Kerry Blue Terrier X Skye Terrier = Blue Skye, a dog for visionaries.

Great Pyrenees X Dachshund = Pyradachs, a puzzling breed.

Pekingnese X Lhasa Apso = Peekasso, an abstract dog.

Irish Water Spaniel X English Springer Spaniel = Irish Springer, a dog fresh and clean as a whistle.

Labrador Retriever X Curly Coated Retriever = Lab Coat Retriever, the choice of research scientists.

Newfoundland X Basset Hound = Newfound Asset Hound, a dog for financial advisors.

Terrier X Bulldog = Terribull, a dog that makes awful mistakes.

Bloodhound X Labrador = Blabador, a dog that barks incessantly.

Malamute X Pointer = Moot Point, owned by....oh, well, it doesn't matter anyway.

Collie X Malamute = Commute, a dog that travels to work.

Deerhound X Terrier = Derriere, a dog that's true to the end.

Cocker Spaniel x Rottweiller = Co*krot, the perfect puppy for that philandering ex-husband.

Bull Terrier x Sh*tzu = Bullsh*z, a gregarious but unreliable breed.

Found those on a website and thought I'd paste them on here..

Unfortunately people are taken in by what they are told by the "breeders" ie that the dogs are healthier/non-shedding. Just worry what happens when this doesn't materialise.

Dee x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Deedee1321 View Post
Pointer X Setter = Poinsetter, a traditional Christmas pet.

Kerry Blue Terrier X Skye Terrier = Blue Skye, a dog for visionaries.

Great Pyrenees X Dachshund = Pyradachs, a puzzling breed.

Pekingnese X Lhasa Apso = Peekasso, an abstract dog.

Irish Water Spaniel X English Springer Spaniel = Irish Springer, a dog fresh and clean as a whistle.

Labrador Retriever X Curly Coated Retriever = Lab Coat Retriever, the choice of research scientists.

Newfoundland X Basset Hound = Newfound Asset Hound, a dog for financial advisors.

Terrier X Bulldog = Terribull, a dog that makes awful mistakes.

Bloodhound X Labrador = Blabador, a dog that barks incessantly.

Malamute X Pointer = Moot Point, owned by....oh, well, it doesn't matter anyway.

Collie X Malamute = Commute, a dog that travels to work.

Deerhound X Terrier = Derriere, a dog that's true to the end.

Cocker Spaniel x Rottweiller = Co*krot, the perfect puppy for that philandering ex-husband.

Bull Terrier x Sh*tzu = Bullsh*z, a gregarious but unreliable breed.

Found those on a website and thought I'd paste them on here..

Unfortunately people are taken in by what they are told by the "breeders" ie that the dogs are healthier/non-shedding. Just worry what happens when this doesn't materialise.

Dee x
You beat me to it Dee, was just looking for this.

Very funny!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
You beat me to it Dee, was just looking for this.

Very funny!
And me I have my copy here but was too slow to type and post!!!!
They are very clever, love the Bull terrier x Sh*tzu
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 08:25 AM
If someone came up to me and my much loved dog and said that to me I would probably encourage all my friends to ignore KC pedigree dogs as well.

There are better ways to educate people which will not put their backs up!

rune
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-07-2010, 08:57 AM
dogs have always been crossbred, that is how we have different breeds, i would happily adopt or buy a sprocker or even a springador as long as both parents had been health checked.
I would not pay the prices that some would for a crossbreed but in principle cross breeding is less a health problem then pedigree breeding into a tiny gene pool.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I have had a few spaniel X's in the past, one with a lab and one with a collie, I got one free from a neighbour and the other from an ad in the vets for a really small sum.
I wouldn't mind another spaniel cross but when you try and find one, they now have a fancy name and cost as much or more than the original breed.
I'm debating another dog but OH is not happy about paying £750 for a spaniel cross, which was a price I was quoted last week
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »