Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 09:09 PM

Any Ideas anyone?

Choc has been dragging his bum around the carpet and constantly licking it,from Saturday evening,getting worse yesturday and today,poor dog has made himself so sore and given himself bauld patches. He has quite obviously been very uncomfortable today as has struggled sitting down,hes been very quiet and spent most of the day slkeeping.
Since he was only wormed 2 months ago I thought maybe it was his anual glands so I took him to the vets this afternoon to get them checked.
She had a good check and said that they were fine,she suggested that even though he was only done 2 months ago that we try worming him again,which we have now done.
After we had got back from the vets he was absolutely fine,like there was nothing wrong with him at,he was being his usual "terrier" self,into everything,nothing like this morning when all he wanted to do was sleep.
Anyway about an hour ago out of the blue he started dragging his bum and licking again and appears to be uncomfortable again. Very strange that he was fine after his examination at the vets and now we are back to where we were this morning.
I will be taking him back tomorrow if hes still the same was was just wandering if anybody has any ideas as to what it could be?
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 09:16 PM
I would of said anual glands awell, does his bum smell fishy?
And a part from worms I don't know of everthing else it could be, someone else may have some idea.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-12-2008, 09:19 PM
I also would say the anal glands need cleaning out A visit to the vet to have these checked may be in order,
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Yep, I agree, the dreaded anal glands A quick visit to the vet and within 2 minutes he'll be feeling as good as new

PS Take a gas mask
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 09:38 PM
I have already been to the vets with him today,she checked his glands and said that they were fine,which is why she suggested worming him again.
No there is no fishy smell at all
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Perhaps he had managed to empty them himself but has now been left with a sore bottom that he keeps rubbing
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi Erin if the vet has ruled out anal glands what are Chocs poos like, is he constipated? has he eaten anything he shouldn't that might be hard to pass?
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
I would have also said anal gland problem, but obviously your vet has ruled that out
Is it possible for dogs to get piles (through constipation & straining?) just thinking its kind of the same symptoms for humans with piles.....itchy and uncomfortable (not the licking bit though lol )

Jann
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 07:27 AM
I think he may be a little constipated,Ive just got back from walking them both and his poo's are alot tighter and smaller than normal. Im taking him back to the vets today as hes worse this morning,poor baby.
I hadnt thought I of piles,wouldnt the vet have picked up on that yesterday?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Poor Choc......

Hope you manage to get it sorted today, Erin x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >