register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Yeah its cold and clear here tonight. Zenith held off both Lona and Keshi whilst she ate, she was not one bit fazed by them both lying facing her staring.
Just chased them all in, they're all in the same one, obviously cuddling up to each other.
Heat lamps will go on any day now, at the moment they're quite happy to lie out on a cold night so its not a bother to them, once they don't want to do that, the lamps will go on at night, and if below freezing during the day they'll be on low
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Lol at little Sammy all bundled up Lol... my 2 have coats, they have the muddypaws ones which velcro up along the back so their tummies are covered...less mucky dog to clean
Well Mabs paw must be in full working order then Lol good on Zenith not letting them pinch her tea
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Mine have the coats they were born with
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 08:35 PM
ahhh but mine are ikkle staffies with one thin layer of fur Lol
i have given myself a bl**dy stomach ache...no idea what i have eaten to set it off but i am not happy about it Lol
it is absolutely freezing out there, the sky is clear...does that mean i am getting snow tonight?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2015, 08:39 PM
A clear sky this time of year means its going to freeze
mmmm don't think Mabs has noticed its cold yet

Kesh definitely hasn't

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Beautiful photos TW...don't know how they can stand the water...been in the back garden for 5 minutes and i feel like my ears are going to drop off Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2015, 08:54 PM
That was this morning Griff, they love the water, I've got piccies of Lona actually walking across ice and snow to get in for a swim.
Its quite interesting really, they can't get wet as such, the water slides off them.
Keshi's top coat holds the water and it stays dry underneath, Mabs coat just sheds the water, she comes out, shakes and is more or less dry straight away, and again it never gets through to her undercoat
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Lona is mental Lol
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2015, 09:25 PM
I haven't seen the coats that velcro along the back, must go and google. I like Sammys chest to be covered which the jumper does but the coat doesn't. He must have thought it was too cold as I tried to get him out for a pee and he refused to go. haha

You can laugh at me if you like but until I got Sammy I didn't know that dogs willies were up in the middle of their bellies I thought they were lower down, it's a bit of a nuisance as I would have liked his belly covered to keep out the cold. It makes more sense to me, you get jackets to cover their backs but that's where all their fur is and leave their chests and bellies bare.

What great photos of beautiful dogs. That is interesting about their coats not getting wet I would never have known that.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Mine have the coats they were born with
I assume they are like the Newfies in that they have two coats, an inner coat and and outer coat. On the Newfie the inner one is much more 'fluffy' than the outer and in summer comes away when groomed.

Must work 'cos Baruska used to stay outside when we had minus 22C at night. Better add that was her choice, she could lie on a nice duvet by the side of OH bed if she choose to

ETA:-
Sorry just read your post 37 so you've answered me already Funny thing is that yours love the water but our Newfies do not even 'tho some are great swimmers and 120 years ago were used by the fishermen to help bring in the nets.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >