Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 03:49 PM

Mobile Phone Unblocking after Network Block

Anyone know if its possible to unblock a phone after its been blocked by the network running it??

Basically I found a phone..handed it in,, no one claimed it and its been given back..its a really nice phone with a brill camera..
Some of the files were passworded but I managed to work out the codes and change them to ones I would remember

I have put another sim in it and the phone functions are all working BUT it won't dial in or out and its saying limited service on the screen..so I think the owner either never paid the bill or had it blocked by the IMEI number..

Now I know that usually the IMEI number blocks can usually only be reversed by the owner (as thats what they use if its stolen) but its not..and now its mine..legally..but is it as good as useless??

it's that nice I am considering buying one the same if I can't get it unblocked
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 03:53 PM
If you look in your local free ad paper, there are places you can take them to get them unblocked? I did this and they did it in minutes whilst I waited, at a cost of £5? Hope that helps.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Is that not unlocked H?? so you can put a different network sim in..

This is locked from the handset via its providing network..

(like if you lose or your phone gets stolen you phone your provider and give them the IMEI number (which is the manufacturer number that is locked to your phone) and they disable the handset)
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I think the only option is to ring the phones provider, and explain to them the situation, and see what happens. They might release the lock.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Is that not unlocked H?? so you can put a different network sim in..

This is locked from the handset via its providing network..

(like if you lose or your phone gets stolen you phone your provider and give them the IMEI number (which is the manufacturer number that is locked to your phone) and they disable the handset)
That's a positive! I should have read it properly! It's got to be the phone providor then hasn't it! Please let me know what happens coz I've got one like that, it just won't dial and yet I put a £10 on it, it's pay as you go, but that's probably coz I haven't even used it for about 8 months. Maybe that's the case with the one you've got? Don't they cut them off if they've not been used for a certain time?
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 05:14 PM
I got in touch with o2 last week jim my ohs friend is 78 and his hadnt been used for months and they locked the sim, i explained he had been ill and still had £8 on it, they send him a new sim and transfered the money £8.55 and wel away he goes he is now dialling, my be if you explained lousie they might unlock it.xxxxxx
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 05:47 PM
I think you need the pku number from the company who has blocked it.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 06:11 PM
My daughter completely messed hers up and it locked.I phoned the company and they sent anew sim to use with the same number but which unlocked the phone.I expect if you phoned them they might need a crime ref. number to check your story out?
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 07:07 PM
The places that unlock phones should be able to do it for you, as they can reprogramme the whole phone to its original state
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2008, 02:30 PM
whats the model and make of the phone?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >