Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Sorry you are having such a worrisome time

What did the vet advise re the diarrhoea? Home treatment usually consists of fasting and then feeding a bland diet, plus yoghurt to replace lost intestinal flora, but I would take your vet's advice on the matter.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-03-2006, 09:58 AM
they didnt actually say anything, i told them about the dirahoea but they didnt offer any advice and tbh i wasnt too worried then baout that.lol

didnt go til the way home and thats when i noticed it didnt look too great.

they gonna ring later so can ask if i remember and if news isnt bad.

otherwise im unsure
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-03-2006, 10:54 AM
bloods came back negative for organ problems, so its most likely a brain problem they think, vet says its either epileptic or he has a tumour or something :s

just to monitor him for now and might have more fits

not sure on his diarohea though ?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Aww poor lad and poor you (((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))) I can understand how scared you both must be. I wonder if he is older than you were told if you don't know his birthday The diarrhoea doesn't sound good We had a border collie once that had kidney problems and she was being sick with something that looked like coffee beans and I think the vet said it was kidney problems. I hope he is okay poor lad and you too
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi Ceiron epilepsy is manageable with meds, no problem there.

A tumor is not so good..

As to the diarrhoea this may be as the result of changes in food/water/the move/ many things.. what are you feeding?

You need to stabilises it though by feeding starch/no fat/ a little protein.
To do this feed boiled white rice/cooked white fish, porridge and honey (no milk) you can buy cheap white frozen boneless fish in the supermarket.
Also a little honey in warm water is good for energy, about a quater teaspoon .
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-03-2006, 12:05 PM
hes still on the friskies brutus stuff, did start adding a little like 50g to his 400g evening meal but none to his morning 20g meal so i thught he would be ok

obviously not.

so i dunno now, i dont drive and cant get to asda to get any more of the friskies stuf and he only has like a week or so left of it :s

then am at sisters for 3 weeks so wanted him changed before then but it dont look promising

so i dunno.

Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Have you got any local petshops near you because they sell dog food, usually better quality than the supermarket or could you order some food online. I don't know whether a change of food would be a good idea at this time with him being ill already. Was he fed on friskies before you had him? If not perhaps the friskies doesn't agree with this tummy and this might be part of the cause of the diarrhoea. I used to feed my GSD on Beta dried food and he was fine on this. I also fed him Omega sometimes which I think is available from petshops and I think Febo used to be okay too.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-03-2006, 12:24 PM
he was on frisjies when i got him sorry, i was trying to switch him to chudleys, made by dodgsons, thought it looked a good food and its a seniour one rather then what he was on which i dont particuly like.

but i dunnonow, not sure if it was the new food or some stuff housemate fed him or this treat i gave him.

so dunno :s
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 12:25 PM
What did your housemate give him - have you any idea ?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Cieran - has he been wormed? I've just wormed Loki for the first time as I read that roundworm infestation might bring on seizures and if he's lost weight too as you say it might be worth trying ...

Also have you thought about the thyroid possibility?
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >