View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Magpye,I hope this dosnt come across wrong and there is no offense ment, have you had Kismets hips scored/checked ?before running her with the bike? the ONLY reason I am asking because she looks like she is bunny hopping? when you are riding next to your dog its hard to see your dogs movement.

mo
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
She hasn't had her hips scored... As a 'Huskamute' there's no base line score anyway... but she has had a vet check her joints and mobility and has a clean bill of health...

She does have a tendency to 'bunny hop' if we're not going too fast, she wants to go faster and put her back into it, but I don't like to push her, I think she's too young, so she alternates between trotting and bouncing along like pepe le pew ... But I think it's more silly puppy exuberance than any problem.

Thanks for the concern though.. I'll keep an eye on her hips as she develops and will get the vet to xray if i think she's developing any problems
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I got my Walkydog on Saturday and I love it! My husband reluctantly agreed to adjust his bike saddle for me but he really didn't approve and said it was a death trap. He knows very well if he tries to stop me doing something it will just make me more determined though.

It didn't take Rossi long to work out what he needed to do and he trots alongside the bike really well. I haven't been too far yet because I want to build up my confidence gradually and make sure I can control the bike if he lunges at a cat!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Still looking for a 2nd hand bike as soon as I get one we will be off!!! Am starting taking Lona on the train anyday now as that is the other thing I need to do with her, she hates them, therefore will be going on one
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Thats great. I did 28.35 miles last week! Averaging around 4-5m per day, with an occasional day off.

Get you hubby to take a video of Rossi!

Mine went on a train on Saturday, they enjoyed it, but they are such nosey ******s they spent the whole time gawping out the window!!

Best of luck to you, Im sure she will be fine.
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thats great. I did 28.35 miles last week! Averaging around 4-5m per day, with an occasional day off.

Get you hubby to take a video of Rossi!
Wow, that's serious biking! There aren't really many safe places to cycle around here so I doubt I'll be doing that sort of mileage. Unfortunately we don't have a video camera. I want to have a go with Enzo, too, but he hates being dressed in anything and as soon as he sees a harness he goes and hides on his bed!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Tawney loved the train and so does Cariad, but Lona doesn't, but she will be going on it till she does
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
Wow, that's serious biking! There aren't really many safe places to cycle around here so I doubt I'll be doing that sort of mileage. Unfortunately we don't have a video camera. I want to have a go with Enzo, too, but he hates being dressed in anything and as soon as he sees a harness he goes and hides on his bed!
You'd be surprised, my dogs are small and do about 5.5mph, on the common or fields we "canter" at about 8mph, you can do 5 miles in around 50 mins easily. Its mainly roadwork, its excellent for general fitness and especially their feet.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Tawney loved the train and so does Cariad, but Lona doesn't, but she will be going on it till she does
Im sure she will get used to it quickly.
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2009, 04:01 PM
It's been way too hot to use the bike with my two lately. In fact some days it's been too hot to even walk them during the day unless we're in a shaded, wooded area with water. Late night & early mornings for us at the mo
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2009, 04:04 PM
We haven't been out for a couple of days, but it was cooler today so we went out a bit further than before. I have cycled past ducks, but we haven't seen any cats yet! He wanted to chase a crow but I managed to stop and get his attention back. I don't want to venture too far without a skid lid!
Page 10 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »