Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rockpig
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2005, 08:59 AM

show entries

Hi guys, haven't been able to get on dogweb much at all lately so i hope you're all ok. Quick question, is there a way of finding out how many entries there are in champ show classes before the show starts? Talking about paignton. Also, ive noticed that sometimes, vhc and reserve arent awarded even though theres 5 in the class, can i take it that if judge doesnt rate dog, it isnt automatically placed?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Some of the printers will give the entry numbers on line, the dog news papers publish them and sometimes the numbers are given on the paperwork that comes with the passes. Higham Press certainly give the info required but don't know who is handling Paigton.

P.S. You can phone the secretary but don't leave it till the last moment.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 12:17 PM
As far as I am aware,(will stand corrected on this) but at a show there is 1st 2nd 3rd and res/4th. the res/4th is in case one of the first 3 get disqualified then they all move up one, the 5th vhc is optional I think dependant on what the show wants to give recognition for some even give up to the 6th with a HC, but these are few and far between. to add if a judge decideds he has a poor class he can withold a place, but if he does this then all the places behind that dog must also be withheld. but obviously he has to have justification for the decision.

Mo
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Also just to add if your talking about online results Higham and Fosse allways list up to VHC but Canine Info only list the first 3 places even when Reserve and VHC have been awarded,I don't know why

mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by willowish
Also just to add if your talking about online results Higham and Fosse allways list up to VHC but Canine Info only list the first 3 places even when Reserve and VHC have been awarded,I don't know why

Think this is possibly because at one time only the first two were required to have a crutique written by the judge, and the 3rd name of dog and owner. it has been said now that judges can write on the first three if they so wish.

I know when I judged recently the dogs papers stated in one that I could give critiques on first three but limited to a certain amount of words, the other paper stated they just wanted the critique on first two, with name of dog and owner on 3rd place, and even then one of the papers edited it down further.

Mo