Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2008, 11:22 PM

Adult Arden Grange

I have moved Charlie on to the Adult AG (chicken) and it doesn't seem to be agreeing with him. He is 9mths now and is used to eating the large breed puppy/junior AG so I didn't think it would be a problem.
He is a very greedy G. Retriever and has left half his dinner a few times. He has thrown up a couple of times last week and a few times this week, but he seems fine otherwise.
The kibble pieces look enormous compared to the puppy stuff and I wondered if this is putting him off, anyone else found this problem?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Are you feeding him large breed adult? If so then I'd recommend the ordinary chicken and rice as that is a much more acceptable size for most dogs. If he is a greedy dog and not chewing the pieces they may sit uncomfortably in his tummy which is making him sick.
Becky
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks Becky,
I have just looked at the bag and it is large breed adult, the delivery driver put it straight in the cupboard for me so I didn't really notice.
I think the combination of his greed and the rather large pellets (remind me of Minstrel sweets!) are causing the problem.
I'll need to phone on Monday and order another adult bag, I did find it a bit strange the adult food was cheaper than the puppy version.
Luckily my friend has a Newfoundland who won't have any trouble with the large pellets
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:20 PM
The large breed adult food is massive isn't it!
Luckily it's just the right size for Teagan!
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Yes, I couldn't believe it the size of it, I take it Teagan is the mastiff, not the Yorkie
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2008, 11:20 PM
LOL sorry that made me laugh out loud!