Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2007, 06:29 PM

Adding to a dry food

Hi everyone

Ive just recently moved Obi over to wainwrights for want of a bit better diet than he had. What can I add to this to make it a bit more interesting, ive tried sardines in tomato sauce and tuna in sunflower oil which he loved but would like to add more variety to this.

Any ideas anyone?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't know what wainwrights is but I feed my lot dry with nothing added at all. I always feel that adding something can cause an imbalance when using a complete.
Becky
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2007, 08:00 PM
You can buy dog gravy - can't remember who makes it, but my lot love it.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2007, 08:03 PM
I just add warm water to make a gravy I used to add mince or nature diet but they eat just as well without anything added.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I just add warm water to make a gravy I used to add mince or nature diet but they eat just as well without anything added.
I find I add nature diet, boiled chiken and mince etc. I am sure it is only for my benefit! My lot are fed on Burns or JWB, I am sure they would be fine with just a bit of warm water!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2007, 08:50 PM
I feed it on its own as well as its been scientifically researched for the right vits and minerals.
I always add warm water but for the picky ones i add Iams gravy
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2007, 09:08 PM
mine are on a complete meal but do like to have special day for them, like scammbled eggs with the complete buy i always take some of the daily allowance out as giving some thing it is place.

oh and a good roast dinner on sunday the all have 1 as in the dishes, swede, carrotts, cabbage, chicken/mince.
what ever it is we are having the dogs get as a treat and they love it. just have to remmber if you are adding ti the meal take some complete meal out or they will get to much.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Wainwrights like other complete foods is a balanced diet. Adding things to it just unbalences it so shouldn't be done.
Mine are fed Wainwrights and it is a good quality food. If you want to add anything add water to let it soak a little or some dog gravy.
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 07:31 AM
My male always had a runny tummy ever since I got him (rescue), tried heaps of things and eventually came to wainwrights and natures diet. They get half and half of eachand absolutely love it. They always seemed so disinterested food till i started mixing the two, now they are at my feet with tongues hanging out and it's gone in seconds Been feeding this for months now and no more runny tummies. Both very healthy dogs with lovely shiny coats. Oh, I also heat the natures diet, they love it
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks for your replies. Obi dont like it just on its own so i think i might see bout this gravy

Thanks again
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >