Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I also add a little of the tinned food just enough to give it a flavour. My dogs have really enjoyed their food much more, maybe the dried food hasn't got enough flavour or smell in it for them on it's own.
i agree it does look pretty boring
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2009, 06:29 AM
I always have some tinned food in the house, and Ben loves to have a bit mixed in with his kibble... If I have any leftovers from my dinner I mix that in instead...

I use a high quality tinned food, but a can lasts me 2 days... I also use it for filling up his kong before freezing it...
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Poppy sometimes gets sardines, pilchards or tuna, and sometimes some lamb or turkey mince. Occasionally she gets a Butcher's Choice foil tray for small dogs anyway, but if she has it too often it makes her poo to soft and the anal gland problems start up again.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I add either chappie tinned or nature diet in one meal.
They love it!!...tho not so good for the teeth so i have to get the toothbrush out more often!!
nikki_kev
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I add sardines or chicken - won't touch tinned meat if it was the last thing in the world. I hate the stuff! lol

x
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Mine either have a little butchers tripe added or goats yoghurt or cottage cheese or sardines. Fussy things won't eat their dry without a little something added in
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Well after trying every combo on the planet to get Ela to eat her tried food the only way she will eat it all the time is with wet food . . . I dont really like the stuff TBH but she loves it and is now starting to fill out a bit. She has to have the food with Jelly and not gravy or she wont touch it!
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 09:10 AM
I add a bit of tinned as they eat it with enjoyment where as kibble on its own is ate out of hunger by my lot nothing else
esmegirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Esme my BC has a bit of tinned food mixed with her dry, she loves it! also, if there are some leftovers from dinner she'll get that instead if I think she'll like it, I always have tinned dog food in the house too, just in case......
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 09:29 AM
I have to add Chappie tinned as its the only thing my Inuit can stomach any other tin and its the runs.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >