Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 07:44 PM

Just a quick update on my old Mum

I just rang the hospital and she's still sleeping after the op today, but it all went well, so she should be fine.

Now I've just got to see how she is tomorrow, I'm hoping she won't be in too much pain, bless her, and I'm hoping they will get her up and about a.s.a.p. so that we can get her back to her lovely care home, rather than spend another month in hospital recouperating coz I'm sure she will go downhill stuck in a hospital bed.

I'm feeling a lot more positive now, had a good rest today after a quick visit prior to her op this morning, and I shall just take each day at a time until we get her well enough to return to the care home. This is better news than I was expecting quite honestly coz of her age, it must be a big trauma to go through an op like that and I've heard from some people that the next thing is, they might get pneumonia post op, but I won't dwell on that one, I shall be thinking nothing but positive thoughts for her.

You wouldn't believe the way she was this morning when I popped in, only 2 hours before a major op, she was laughing and joking and talking in such a loud voice, telling the whole ward that she was going to have 4 pins inserted into her hip it was almost as if she was going off on a holiday instead of facing major surgery, talk about a strong constitution. Whereas me, I was a physical and mental wreck!!! That's just typical isn't it! Lol!

All better now then, thanks for all the support for me and mum, yet another hurdle we seem to have got over! xxxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Been looking and waiting for the update H, glad Mum has had the op, and is comfortable. let's hope she has a good night, and you manage some sleep too x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks Tracy, I'm still totally zapped, but that's what all this stress has done to me, totally drained me! Never mind, at least she's doing ok now and told me NOT to go and visit her coz she's got all the help she needs in there, she is worried I will be joining her I think!! I'm not going tomorrow if I don't feel well enough, I'll just give them a ring to see she's ok, I think that's called being sensible!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Glad you are keeping positive Helena.
{{{{{hugs}}}}} to you and Mum.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Excellent news, i am so pleased for you and your mum.

hope you get a good nights sleep

Mel xx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Awwwww H you just stay positive I bet your mums going to be fine,what a fighter.I was just thinking remember when the Queen Mother had hers done wasn't she just marvelous too for her age.Give her huge hugs from me and tell her I hope she's up and about soon.You take it easy hun and get some well earned rest,xxxxxxxxx
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Glad all went well with your mum Helena and lets hope she feels better real soon bless her she has been thro so much in a short while and for her age she does really well and you make sure you take care of your self thinking of you both x
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Thats great news, your mum sure is a fighter bless her. Take care of yourself now, have a good nights sleep.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Helena - I think I must have somehow missed your original thread on the operation. Pleased it all went well and pass on my regards to her please. Comming on top of everything else I can well see how you must be frazled. Work has meant I've not logged on too often recently.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Glad to hear it went well. Mum had her hip replaced and had to have it done by epidural as she has problems with one of her lungs due to sarcoidosis, so they don't like using anaeshetic on her.
She was allowed home after 6 days as long as she had care for a while so Brother had her for 6 weeks. So if all is well Mum should be back in her lovely room soon.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »