Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kelly and jake
New Member!
Female 

28-06-2006, 08:41 PM

cornwall holliday

Just got back from a week in cornwall, just me, the hubby and our dog jake (lab-collie cross) we stayed in a beautiful dog friendly cottage, went to the beach everyday and thouroughly chilled out except Jake, he has had a great time. Digging in the sand, paddling in the sea (he won't swim) and is now just glad to be home so he can chill out. I don't think i can go away without him now. xxxxxx P.S any ideas how to get him swimming or just leave him be? xxx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 08:50 PM
aww im so glad you all had a lovely holiday its nice when you can enjoy yourselfes,as for jake i would let him be he will learn in time if he wants to swim some do some dont when hes ready he will let you know
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Arrr seems like you all had a fantastic time, not too sure about the swimming, apart from frequent visits to the beach. The hydro pools seem a terrific idea, but not found a local one yet.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2006, 01:28 PM
You lucky things! I love Cornwall...

Maybe your dog would find swimming in a lake less scary than swimming in the sea..? Not all dogs are that fussed on swimming anyway.
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Glad you had a good time, I live in Cornwall and the weather hasnt been great last week or so, although lovely today!
Loki loves the beach and water but wont even go in the sea the waves scare him
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Gald you had a nice time i would,nt worry to much about the swimming he will do it when hes ready i love takeing my dogs on hoilday i enjoy myself more when the dogs are with us.We are off to spain next week my daughter will have my dogs but i will phone every day to make sure they are ok.
lyndella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-07-2006, 11:41 AM
sounds like you had a chilled holiday....its great to be able to take our dogs too...I live in cornwall and we have some great walks over moors and woods....I cant get my three yr old sib to go any further than her belly...the only time i saw her swim was when she fell in the carp pond..he he...she hates getting dirty and walks round puddles and jumps over any long grass....Id quite like to see her swim as i am worried if she falls into deep water;she will get into trouble...my ex threw his dog in and ended up with a dog that was terrified of the stuff, I dont want to do that....
stormin_tina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-07-2006, 01:03 PM
cornwalls a great place for a holiday im going on the 12th of august to see how 2 of my tara's pup (irish staffords) are doing, i wouldn't bother about the swimming as all dogs can swim it just that all dogs dont like to, tara won't even go in deep water sometimes she doesn't even like to paddle but she can still swin ok.