Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2005, 02:26 PM

Watching TV.

Do many of your dogs watch TV. Millie is at this moment watching Greyfriars Bobby - Channel 5. Up to now she is loving it. She quite often barks at dogs on TV. Sometimes takes dislikes to some of the characters. My other dogs never really bothered. Stiil they are all different aren't they. :smt037
Best Wishes.
Annex
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Not really because my TV is seldom on

....I am always on DW in my spare time ....
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm on DW but put TV on for company, just to hear voices!!! Don't really listen to it but at night I love to watch the soaps Emerdale and Coro.
Sad old me. :smt017
Best wishes,
Annex
Meg
Supervisor

11-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Milliewaddy
I'm on DW but put TV on for company, just to hear voices!!! Don't really listen to it but at night I love to watch the soaps Emerdale and Coro.
Sad old me. :smt017
Best wishes,
Annex
No not sad at all Anne whatever makes you feel good ,I prefer music to voices so it is always the radio that is on with me...
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Well I must be the saddest of all as when I am on the computer I put Animal Planet on TV for Oz to watch!!!

Needless to say, he adores it, his real favourite is Animal Cops Miami/Detroit and he loves the Big Cat shows (anything with fast moving critters does really!)

Only prob with it is when I come back through to the Lounge I have to clean the set as he has snot marks all over it!
Meg
Supervisor

11-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
Well I must be the saddest of all as when I am on the computer I put Animal Planet on TV for Oz to watch!!!

Needless to say, he adores it, his real favourite is Animal Cops Miami/Detroit and he loves the Big Cat shows (anything with fast moving critters does really!)

Only prob with it is when I come back through to the Lounge I have to clean the set as he has snot marks all over it!
eeeeewwww
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Smudge loves to watch tv, he loves watching dogs and barks at them
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Barney watches TV (esp the animal programs). He also watches over my shoulder when I'm on here - particularly pays attention to the advert with the spider on it!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Milliewaddy
Do many of your dogs watch TV. Millie is at this moment watching Greyfriars Bobby - Channel 5. Up to now she is loving it. She quite often barks at dogs on TV. Sometimes takes dislikes to some of the characters. My other dogs never really bothered. Stiil they are all different aren't they. :smt037
Best Wishes.
Annex

We used to have an Apricot male toy poodle called Benji and when he was younger and my dad used to watch snooker on tv Benji would watch and then when the balls came towards the camera he used to jump up at the telly and put his nose right to the screen and then when the balls disappeared off the camera he would look under the gap between the tv and the tv table to see if it had gone under there - it was absolutely hillarious to watch him

Sabre (my GSD) used to watch telly if there was any dogs on it. I made a video of him and my sisters GSD Lex playing in some water and everytime I put it on he would watch it and start crying - don't know if he recognised himself or not.

I hope Lex and him are together at Rainbow bridge now because he loved her to bits I haven't been able to watch the video since his death last year
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2005, 09:44 AM
My sister had a Border Collie who loved to watch horse racing!! She went out shopping one day and when she came home the TV was on and horse racing was on, (it was an old push button TV and he pushed the buttons with his nose). She was quite worried at the time as she thought someone was in the house. 'Hubby at work'. Anyway they eventually had to put the dog in another room because he kept turning the channel over looking for the horse racing. Honest! it's true, I saw it myself a number of times. Eventually the telly packed in and one of the reasons was the dog snot in the works!!
They bought a new telly without protruding buttons!!
Annex