Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 09:07 AM

I don't believe in ghosts..

Well I am sceptical about them, but thats another point.

Last night Pennie acted strangely. She's only done it once before and I can't remember anything significant happening to make her behave the way she did.

Last night I'd just finished my book and turned the light off. Snuggled down and hear a crash, and a bark. Turned the light on expecting to see Louie and Jack having a scuffle. But no Pennie was on my wash basket looking terrified. I called her to me, put my basket straight and turned the light back off. Thinking maybe she'd stood on Jack's tail and he'd snapped and she'd jumped out the way.

So 5 minutes and I hear growling.. turn the light back on and Pennie's growling and barking at the bottom of my room, staring from the chair to the basket to the mirror. As if watching someone. I calm her down and then turn the light back off. And then she starts up again. Light back on. And for half an hour she watched this space with a low grumbling in her throat. I shut the window thinking perhaps it was a noise outside. But she carried on staring. Then she jumped over me as if someone had reached to touch her. And she was looking over me growling. Louie and Jack are there perfectly normal, not a sound from either of them.
I sent Louie over to check if it was an animal or something but he wasn't doing his thing and was looking at me as if to say "what am I looking for".

I finally got her to calm down and had her cuddled up with me. Waited until she was asleep and then turned the light off.

Now I know the last bit sounds weird but it was the only way I was going to get any sleep, for about an hour I was turning the light on and off.

So was it a ghost or was my puppy just being weird?
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 09:35 AM
You mentioned the mirror then I'd suspect she had seen her own reflection and probably got a bit confused.
She was probably look in that spot to see were the other dog in the mirror had gone.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Has someone died who knew the other two and she didn't know them?

rune
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
You mentioned the mirror then I'd suspect she had seen her own reflection and probably got a bit confused.
She was probably look in that spot to see were the other dog in the mirror had gone.
No she often looks in the mirror but doesn't spook by it. Besides most of her growling was at the middle of the room which is my curtains. And she was on the bed most of the time.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Has someone died who knew the other two and she didn't know them?

rune
It's an old house and Adie's Great Granddad died in the room.. kinda creepy. But none of the dogs knew him and Jack has only been with me since last Saturday.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2012, 10:00 AM
That would seriously give me the willies
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 10:04 AM
oooh freaky i believe in ghosts, always have done and have seen a fair few freaky things before.

maybe she was barking at something that you couldnt see im being no help whatsoever apart from freaking you out but i dont care
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
oooh freaky i believe in ghosts, always have done and have seen a fair few freaky things before.

maybe she was barking at something that you couldnt see im being no help whatsoever apart from freaking you out but i dont care
I'm not freaked out.. I do have to admit, at one point I did say "Whoevers there could you leave so I can get some sleep" It was worth it..
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Or even worse (IMO) could there have been a big spider in the area spooking her???
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I'm not freaked out.. I do have to admit, at one point I did say "Whoevers there could you leave so I can get some sleep" It was worth it..
If that worked then whatever was there was not unfriendly.

Maybe as dogs get older they get used to seeing things we don't see.

When I said had anyone died I didn't mean in that house---I meant generally.

rune
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >