View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 09:50 AM
My boy once at a whole carrier bag of Penguins. He'd carefully removed them from the cupboard and unwrapped them individually. Luckilly he was fine. Like you say, it's probably good quality solid chocolate that's the worst!

Hope Faith's OK, and welcome to the forum!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Bailey, my Chi, ate a bowl of chocolate raisins at Christmas! I was livid. Checked it up on the internet (was late at night) and the info was really scary: choc = dog could die. Raisins = dog could die. What hope was there for a small dog eating a bowl of chocolate raisins - 2 "killers" in one bowl Well, I stayed up all night and watched him sleep in his bed (snoring like a goodun he was), phone beside me with the emergency vet number all ready to go. What happened, nothing! I lost a night's sleep, Bailey had no adverse effects whatsoever. Dogs are sooooooo greedy and annoying at times When morning came and he was okay, I didn't know whether to kiss him for being okay or tell him off for giving me a scare Naughty Chihuahua Instead I gave my Daughter a big telling off for leaving chocolate around where a dog could get it!!!! Glad your dog is okay and has gone through the "hyper" bit!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 11:26 AM
They really set out to scare us some days don't they

Selkie has certainly done the chocolate cake thing on more than one occasion and one polished a box of expensive dark chocolates she found under my Mum's christmas tree... None of us had any idea they were there of course as they were a wrapped gift!... Silly hound!... Somehow she has made it to 13 anyway

I think the funniest time she nearly killed herself though (funny now - terrifying then) Was when she decided at a party to sneak about and drink the dregs of every glass that was put down... Making her one very drunk and sick dog by the end of the night!

In hindsight I now know better, but at the time, she was the first dog I had ever owned and it never crossed my mind a dog might drink alchohol! I didn't even think about keeping it out of her way and none of us noticed her drinking till it was already too late...

Poor Selkie...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by smileyfaces=] View Post
dad has checked her over
she seems ok, dad said its just made her hyper...
we are waiting to see if anything happens..
she seemed ok on the walk.
it was a caterpillar cake, and might not have been very good quality chocolate so hopefully she will be alright!

thanks all for the wellwishes faith sends a lick

daisy xxx
I am sure she will be OK, bes tto ask your dad.

Bet she really enjyed your cake though... naughty girl.

Hope you had a good b/day..what one was it for you?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Hope she's all better now.

Hugs from the gang
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 03:36 PM
I lost a dog to chocolate poisoning and she only ate two milk chocolate bars so I personally would never just wait if I though my dog had eaten chocolate. Once you see the symptoms of poisoning then it is usually too late to actually do anything to save them.
Becky
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2