Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
I was given the idea by your very first posting on this thread which says......

I will always be a fan of Greyhound racing, I never want to see it banned, I enjoy my friends who train, I enjoy watching their dogs train and being a part of that, always will.
Dawn
Yes, I enjoy the training and rearing of the young Dogs. I dont go to the tracks to watch any Grey run, I dont gamble either.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Well thats your opinions, and thats fine. I certainly would try to get more help for them from their owners Nobody is saying the dog should be given back, just that these people are not all made out to be bad and they be given a chance to do right by their dog.

I think its a bit unfair to compare numbers of dogs in rescue and use that as an excuse aswell. If you can genuinely say you have done everything possible, then thats fine, I just believe that more can be done in some circumstances. It does seem like many Greyhound rescues slam the door before trying all the options, tarring all owners with the same brush. The numbers in each individual rescue are not so incredibly massive, I genuinely think that some of these places may benefit financially if they did try to contact owners, after all a few quid can help a lot.
Dawn.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

28-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well thats your opinions, and thats fine. I certainly would try to get more help for them from their owners Nobody is saying the dog should be given back, just that these people are not all made out to be bad and they be given a chance to do right by their dog.

I think its a bit unfair to compare numbers of dogs in rescue and use that as an excuse aswell. If you can genuinely say you have done everything possible, then thats fine, I just believe that more can be done in some circumstances. It does seem like many Greyhound rescues slam the door before trying all the options, tarring all owners with the same brush. The numbers in each individual rescue are not so incredibly massive, I genuinely think that some of these places may benefit financially if they did try to contact owners, after all a few quid can help a lot.
Dawn.
I think we are going slight off topic here and getting into another lets bash the rescues thread.

However, Dawn I dont really understand how you can slam rescues for not doing everything they can and contacting owners, but then ask why the NGRC should do it?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
I think we are going slight off topic here and getting into another lets bash the rescues thread.

However, Dawn I dont really understand how you can slam rescues for not doing everything they can and contacting owners, but then ask why the NGRC should do it?
There you go again, Im NOT slamming anyone, thats you lot slamming the NGRC! One more time, I would STILL try to get help from owners who are easily traced, rather than rely on people you say dont do it as they are supposed to. Dont you think by proving a point about the NGRC would go in your favour in the long run, by showing people that its the rescues doing their job?
Dawn.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

28-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
There you go again, Im NOT slamming anyone, thats you lot slamming the NGRC! One more time, I would STILL try to get help from owners who are easily traced, rather than rely on people you say dont do it as they are supposed to. Dont you think by proving a point about the NGRC would go in your favour in the long run, by showing people that its the rescues doing their job?
Dawn.
But Dawn it is the NGRCs job to maintain the records and check up on whats happened to the dogs, the point of this thread is whether commercial racing should be abolished – and given that the governing bodies cannot govern it, that thousands of dogs are being bred only to be pts or worse, that thousands of dogs are passed over to rescue for rehoming taking places and resourses away from genuine cases to me proves the point that yes it should be abolished. I also believe strongly that if rescues start chasing owners/trainers and asking for financial help a lot more dogs will disappear in horrible circumstances. They wont be named and shamed because no-one will know.

Its not just me slamming the NGRC its also in APGAW report and the industry itself admits it has no idea what happens to surplus dogs and a very haphazard way of tracing them. The point has already been proven against the NGRC what more can anyone do? It been proven over and over again – but if they are not willing to change and those in the industry wont make it change (because that would not be in their vested interest) what more can be done than abolish it?

Again the industry cannot or will not regulate itself – dogs are dieing unnecessarily and until commercial greyhound racing is abolished the problems will not change.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Yet more greyhounds just dumped!!!!
Please someone tell me.........how can you support an industry that perpetuates so much misery, abuse and pain?????
Please tell me, how you sleep at night knowing the industry you support is exploiting these greyhounds in their thousands????

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-20677925/
Greyhounds found abandoned
Mar 27 2008 by Marie Levy, Evening Gazette

RESCUE workers are urging people to take more responsibility for their pets after two dogs were left tied to a tree in Guisborough.

The dogs, who have been named Zara and Yorik, were found soaking wet and tied on very short pieces of twine.

Yorik was weak, dehydrated and covered in sores.

Greyhounds Galore picked up the dogs last Sunday following a call from a concerned family that had found them abandoned in Hutton Gate, Guisborough.

Val Hyde of Greyhounds Galore, which is based at Newby, near Middlesbrough, said: “We don’t have any room but we could not leave this family with them. We were appalled to see that the male was emaciated and very thin.

“But the female was fit and looked very well looked after.

“They were wet so had been out a while.

“The male has a lot of sores so is being treated by our vet.”

Val said more and more people are dumping dogs on Teesside.

“There are far too many for us to cope with,” she said.

“The most popular place is Great Ayton, near Bartle Bridge Kennels, we have just taken our seventh dog from that area.

“He had to have his tail amputated as it was that badly injured.

“And one of our foster carers found an emaciated female in Haverton Hill running around the road.

“It is not fair on these dogs or the public as they might cause a major accident.

“Someone is going to get killed through callous people just tossing these wonderful dogs aside.

“People have got to take responsibility.”
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Yet more greyhounds just dumped!!!!
Please someone tell me.........how can you support an industry that perpetuates so much misery, abuse and pain?????
Please tell me, how you sleep at night knowing the industry you support is exploiting these greyhounds in their thousands????

[url]http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2008/03/27/greyhounds-found-abandoned-84229-20677925/[/ur

I will agree with you

IF you can show me

The ear Marks(no report of ears cut off)

The track and Trainer(NCC will give details)

YES I dont sleep at night ,I have nightmares of some one with a PATCH on their XXXXX saying "out out damm" SPOT.

Serious Jodie

Greyhounds are can be traced Details Please.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post

YES I dont sleep at night ,I have nightmares of some one with a PATCH on their XXXXX saying "out out damm" SPOT.

As I am 100% in agreement with Spot, that aint gonna happen
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Galty once ive traced the last 'owner' I will post the details on here.
No doubt the NGRC will say the greyhound was recorded as 'given away' or 'sold' on their 'Retirement Form'.
What a cop out!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

28-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post

Are they hugging a tree as well?

Jodie Im sure they will and as usual will all close ranks
Page 11 of 157 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 61 111 > Last »