Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2024, 07:40 AM

Tuesday 2nd January 2024

Morning all. Hope you all had a good day yesterday. Mine is a very mixed time at the moment so if at some point I don't do a day on dogsey don't worry as I am around. Briefly my husband is in hospital and very poorly. Anyway have a good day and yep it is raining again.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2024, 08:58 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Sorry to read about your husband hope he soon recovers.

Raining hard here. Plans changed as I did not have to do the school run as Maria is not back at school until tomorrow, good thing Ben checked his emails. Have to take her to gymnastics this afternoon but the is all. Taking my sister to the station early afternoon and Paul back later this evening.

Teazle did a quick run in and out and is now back in bed Christmas tree down and only the outside lights to do but that can wait until it stops raining.

Take care everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2024, 12:10 PM
Good afternoon all

Very dull and dismal while we were out, but thankfully we got back before the rain started

Sorry to hear about your husband Brenda. I hope he recovers well and quickly

I took our decorations down yesterday. It's strange that they are only up for about four weeks yet the house looks so bare when they come down

Gary is being Gary again but I've told him to wait and do his complaining to the Social Worker when she gets in touch (if ever - this is dragging on a bit now)

Not much doing today so maybe a reading afternoon
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2024, 03:29 PM
Sadly no he won't recover he is being moved to, not sure if a care home or nursing home the hospital haven't said yet they will ring me. I have no idea. Will come back on tomorrow just to keep an eye on you all. lol!!.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2024, 06:07 PM
Good evening brenda, Sue, Chris and all to follow.
It has been raining and is now very very windy.
We managed to walk in between the rain and home before the wind picked up.
He got quite naughty this afternoon on the way home, nibbled at someone who owned Mabel the Gordon Setter that we used to walk with when we had Dillon but he understood and fussed him anyway then almost home overwhelmed by a mini Schnauzer coming off the park, some other friends we knew when we walked Dillon and someone across the road who crossed and who has a Bernese 3/1/4 and the remainder Newfie.
Needless to say he was a bit mouthy and naughty I felt totally overwhelmed so understand he did too.

Well what a month lost a dear friend just before Christmas and had news from pam Pete's tumours have grown some more have appeared they are stopping chemo and he is now being taken home with carers in place and end of life care.
Total time 3 weeks to 3 months max.
In January last year we visited them and had a wonderful time.

brenda sorry about your husband.
Sue glad you had a bit of a reprieve today.
Chris I hope SS get their fingers out soon.