Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2023, 08:13 AM

Friday 29th December 2023

Morning all. I am sure it is Friday today? Late on parade today but who cares? Not me. Anyway had a lovely day yesterday and I had an unexpected bottle of wine given to me by a neighbour. He is lovely. Off now to go for I think, a damp walk. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2023, 08:42 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
It is indeed Friday today brenda. Holidays sure do muck up the days.
We have booked a field about 2 mins drive from us for 12.45 to 1.30 I am not expecting us to be there still at 1.30 it might be a bit much for Brewster but then again after possibly a manic 1/2 hour he may well just enjoy pottering and sniffing for a good while.
It's 2 acres secure and cost us £7.50.
He is becoming so hyper again road walks aren't cutting it and today is the extra month his orthopedic vet said to keep on lead in the garden and no running.
He has in fact been off lead in the garden for over a week he doesn't run about out there we have been doing manic walks which are now calming down for almost a month and the amount of jumping up, bouncing and still biting at clothes he does and has been doing for a while a run possibly in a field today is not going to do any more damage than he has possibly already done.
My other concern is how wet it will be and him possibly sliding. He needs to have some off lead and sniffing time though so trying to get this balance right.
Other than that not much else today except maybe sorting the fridge. A bit more washing and a film or two.
Our friend from Yorkshire rang yesterday and what an emotional phone call that was.

brenda I hope your walk wasn't too damp and what a nice gift from your neighbour.
Sue I hope your day yesterday remained calm and today will be a calm day too.
griff I hope your day goes well.
Kazz enjoy your day whatever you are up to.
Chris I hope the journey to the cafe isn't wasn't to blowy.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2023, 09:13 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

I sit here waiting for the washing machine (bedding) to finish then off for breakfast with couple of friends maybe three depends on their availability/timing. Not much more planned but maybe some recorded sky christmas programmes not watched "call the midwife" yet.

Brenda How thoughful of your neighbour. Glad you enjoyed your day and enjoy your year the same way.

Lynn It sounds like the right thing to do for Brewster and at least then you will know you have tried what you can when you can. He will enjoy it.
I hope your friend is alright emotional is to be expected. But those calls are draining but neccesary.

Griff Hope you make the descision that sits well with you about your GP.

Chris You need to put tape over Daves mouth so he cannot respond to Ted LOL

Sue A nice calm day with just the three of you hopefully today.

Right catch you all later
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2023, 09:52 AM
Good morning Brenda, Kazz and Lynn

How nice of your neighbour Benda. Hope you enjoy your day and manage a dry walk or two

Enjoy breakfast with your friends Kazz

Hope Brewster enjoys his freedom and isn't too mad on his running about. I am sure he will be a tired boy on his return home.

Hope you manage to sort out something you are happy with regarding the GP Kelly.

Been of my walk with Teazle. Tried a different route which we did on Tuesday evening through the new housing estate. The builders have done good job with the flooding problem- not. The new footpaths are mainly large puddles and some have bits washed away and the rubble underneath exposed. They have been built on fields that in winter you needed waders in parts to walk and Teazle needed water wings. There are two balance ponds which are only fenced with low raining so any child can get over. To say the least I am not impressed.

Paul is treating us to a meal out this lunchtime and then I will take him to M&S to get him some slippers. I forgot to say that only mother, grandmother and youngest are returning to Brazil in March. Hopefully both mother and youngest will return at the end of the year for good. Ben should be starting a new job sometime in January which will ease my load as he will be able to take them school on the way to work except for one day when he may have to go up to London for a day at university.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2023, 10:16 AM
Well my first walk was dry and I popped in to see a friend for a half hour natter. Now back and the sun has come out so window open and I will sit and check my order for Tesco that is coming tomorrow. Have a great day everyone. Sorry just had to come back on as checked the weather forecast and the heading was Potential disruption due to wind. Hm surely that was Christmas Day.?l lol!! Yep my sense of humour. bg!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2023, 10:38 AM
Enjoy your meal Sue and slipper hunting later.
I really do not understand local councils allowing housing to be built on flood plains to be built. Surely the clue is in the name.
So much building going on around here and not always in the best of places.

brenda to many sprouts maybe they are still having an effect.
Enjoy the sun and checking your list.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2023, 10:51 AM
Not me Lynn. Yep to much building. I am not happy about the dwellings that are going to be built at the back of me. The building work starts in January. The council are taking over the car park and building on it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2023, 11:04 AM
Morning all
Brenda, lovely of your neighbour to give you a bottle...my kind of neighbour!
Lynn, good luck with the field...hope he settles down
Kazz, we missed call the midwife too
Sue, there are some good bargains to be had in marks, I saw a lady the other day with one of those Wheely trollies full!
Flooding and councils planning, want a giggle, our new hospital was built on a floodplain for the river sowe I believe and yep, first year...flooded!
Kazz, I have done my letter of complaint for the practice manager, I couldn't give a f*ck if I get booted off the books anymore, she's bang out of order.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2023, 01:50 PM
Good afternoon all

Freezing Friday here. Blooming heck it's cold outside

Don't tempt me with putting tape over Dave's mouth Kazz. If I did try it I may just forget to take it off. He could give Victor Meldrew a run for his money at times
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2023, 02:14 PM
Must be an old man thing Chris.

We had a great time over the field, we didn't use the whole 3/4 of an hour but Brewster enjoyed it and so did we.
It was a shame about the people who do not clear up behind their dogs even though it is a rule of hiring.
I have emailed them and mentioned it as I do not want them thinking it was us.
We will hire again though literally 2 mins drive 2 acres and a tap and bowl and tyres, logs,and a big wooden ramp leading onto a platform and steps.

Brewsters right hip looks a little unstable after his run around although I will say he didn't go mad like we thought he would.
I am hoping for hopes that a few times off lead and a good bit of free exercise that hip will come right it possibly took a big hit when that right shoulder was compromised and lack of exercise.
If it doesn't he will have to go on antii-inflammatories by the time he will be calm enough to deal with the recovery he will be too old for it to bother him as much anyway.
He has had some arnica and is now sleeping in the garden.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >