View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 07:13 AM

Worming for border collies and collie mixes, bearded collies, rough collies etc.

Knowing that some wormers etc. are not to be used on Collies what do you give your collie or collie cross, beardie, rough collie etc. for worming.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Nothing that contains any derivative of Invermectin should be given to any herding breed not just collies & this includes Milbemax-the current chemical wormer of choice of most vets. I don't worm my dogs using manufactured chemicals. I use Wormwood complex
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 06:59 AM
Hi JoedeeUK
Thats interesting. Do you give it monthly? Also do you use homeopathic remedy for vaccines as you say that you don't use manufactured chemicals?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2014, 08:50 AM
My dogs get the WW 3 days a month on their food

I don't routinely vaccinate, any puppies get titre tested over the age of 10 weeks & then have just one vaccination if the lab tests show that they need them. I have had one dog that never had a vaccination at all & he never caught any of the diseases that the vaccines are for, I do keep their immune systems healthy. My dogs rarely see a vet except for spaying or accidents.

This has been my "regime" over the past 30 + years