Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 11:17 AM

Wimpy dogs!

So - we have two sofas... two dogs, one cat. Neither of them will mess with the hissing ball of feline wrath - normally it's ok since the cat likes the back of the sofa or her cat tree from which she can indulge her favourite passions of glaring imperiously, washing herself and sleeping.. however the moggie's decided to reassert her authority and sleep in the dead centre of the sofa cushions of late.

Result - we've got one spare sofa, two dogs... and whichever dog hasn't got the sofa keeps coming over to me, looking at me pathetically, staring back at the cat and generally being really pathetic in a "tell the mean old kitty to move so I can sit down I would do it myself but she's scary and got pointy bits!"

It's hilarious to watch the pair of them - neither of them will dare touch the sofa if the cat's dibsed it!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 11:26 AM
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 11:53 AM
My dog will happily chase cats from the garden but totally respect our moggy.
I honestly dont think Milie realises she is much larger then pebbles and not to mention stronger. But pebbles tactic is to wait for the dog to edge close enough so she can ditch the zimmer and become a roaring tiger.

Pebbles knows that Millie is far too nosey for her own good!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-12-2011, 12:03 PM
No cat, just a dog who has decided that my very special recliner chair is no longer mine but hers.

And who leaps on me if I dare try to sit on it.
samson13
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-12-2011, 12:04 PM
If any of my three cats are in the centre of the sofa, both dogs will gently climb on and squeeze into the remaining space.

Needless to say because they both have large backsides, they get the glare but what the hell - they can't see it can they !

samson13
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-12-2011, 12:12 PM
For example

MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Awww!

Jinty is confused about cats at the moment, she used to really like them to chase, but then we went to my friends house where Bob that cat lives. Bob the cat is a siamese and lives with 4 medium sized dogs and is NOT scared of dogs, especially not pint sized ones like Jinty! Jinty and Bob have met several times, Jinty likes to woof at him and try to get him to run.

Well, last week, things changed.

Bob decided that this pint sized mutt was fair game and all of a sudden launched after her while my friend and I were eating tea. Jinty screamed for her life! Bob didnt even touch her ! He did this twice.

I am unsure what she thinks of cats now, but I am hoping she will at least leave Bob alone!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 02:00 PM
oh you never try and move a sleeping kitty. I have learnt this at work while vacuming the cattery. never move a sleepy kitty
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Growing up we always had 2 cats and a dog in the family. The cats always ruled the roost Loved the photos.