View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:51 AM
I am a godmother to a 2 year old GWP. His owner has already had a blood clot removed from her brain so, if the worst should happen he will come to me.
Said bloodclot was caused by said dog nutting her.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Tassle gets mine, I get a VERY dodgy successfull HTM dog---so I wish a long life for him mum frequently! Tassle gets a local Daxie, I also get a couple of dogs who stay on the basis that I either keep them or do what I think is best for them.

I have said that a couple of mine would be better pts but it is her decision. I just needed top know she knew I would be OK with that.

Oh---and Etta goes to the neighbours down the road cause she loves the man!

rune
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Tassle gets mine, I get a VERY dodgy successfull HTM dog---so I wish a long life for him mum frequently! Tassle gets a local Daxie, I also get a couple of dogs who stay on the basis that I either keep them or do what I think is best for them.

I have said that a couple of mine would be better pts but it is her decision. I just needed top know she knew I would be OK with that.

Oh---and Etta goes to the neighbours down the road cause she loves the man!

rune
Dammit, what about meeeeeeeeeeee? ;o)

Thanks guys, some real food for thought. I'm still not sure what to do but really need to put some thought into it. Whilst I can see the logic in pts, I think he is re-homeable to the right home and he is so young for that to happen!

Oh, I just don't know. It's so hard!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Oh, I just don't know. It's so hard!
Yes it certainly is, as mentioned above OH doesn't even like to think about it. I do agree with you that Woody is young and from all I've read about him I think he likely would settle in a new home eventually.

So far as both of us going at the same time, all I can say is that OH won't leave our two at home alone, if we both go out then they come too, so if we're talking motorway pile up then they will be with us whatever the outcome.

Oh God this is all getting morbid, can we change the subject please
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-10-2010, 06:16 PM
My step father was worried about his gsd so he has paid a fee to the Dogs Trust in Kent to foster her out if he goes before her. I had not spoken to him for a few years and we recently patched things up and i have told him i would look after her, but still has the backup of the Trust rehoming her.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 06:35 PM
It's unlikely as I'm not even in my 20s yet but if I were to go before Molly, she would go to my friend. She's the perfect dog owner and is the only friend of mine that Molly doesn't bite so I think she would be the best person to take Molly should the need arise. Not to mention she's already said she wants Molly!

I'd love it if she could stay with my mum as Molly loves her to bits but the reality of the matter is that she needs too much walking, training and attention for my mum who really isn't all that keen on dogs in the first place!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm lucky to have a dog loving family who I know would look after Mo
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I have a dog loving family but in reality I know my sister and her family could not cope with Sal as my nephew (16 now) is Autistic and life can be upredictable so they have enough. My parents are in the 80's and live with me here so if they were able they would have Sal and my brother & brother in law would walk her daily.
My brother has a 12 month old Westie pup, but can't in all honesty see him having Sal too, he has 4 young children too.
Best option would be Mom and Dad and this house. But I know this is not long term as they are getting older and less able so I will be ammending my will and letting family know she will be PTS enough Staffords in rescue.

My next dog will be an older Staff from rescue and that dog would go back to rescue. Bith things can change because if my older niece had her own home she would be a perfect match for Sal they adore each other, Kate is 18 next month and Sal. So a possibility. She could even keep the house and therefore the dog.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm 23 but I worry so!

Dillan and Esme would stay with my Mum.

Felix would join Harry at my Grandads.

Indy would go to a training buddy who she adores and join her other 5 dogs.

Oliver would go to my best friend and join her dog.

I'm currently "god mum" to about five!

It's important to have a plan I think x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 07:31 PM
My Dad and Step-Mum have the Beagles and hate mud, so they're no good.

Neil's side of the family are all non doggy people.

My brother is a huge dog fan and desperate for his own, but is a Director, works long hours and lives in a flat in Horsham so not the right environment for Woody at all.

Our best friends would be ideal, but they already have 2 and I think they would find 3 far too much to cope with, especially as their two are Mother and Son and Woody doesn't 'quite' fit into that.

The best thing would be to leave him with a Springer rescue that foster, but again I'd want to know where he will end up.

What else can I do??????
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >