View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Aww, glad you've got a smile on your face even through your back pain.

If there's no-one at training that can do it, let me know where & what time you train. I work in Edinburgh so may be able to help out if I can come straight from work. Mind you, I've never done agility (neither of my dogs are healthy enough ) so I definitely wouldn't be your first choice
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2007, 03:31 PM
good luck with sorting out your back problems and finding someone to help with Missys handling. I have been in the same situation as yourself, and am thankfully coming out the other side. I went to the chiropractor (3 mths ago) as a last resort and cant believe how much it has helped. Mind you it had to get a lot worse before it started to get better!
Throughout all that pain my two babes were there every day walking with me, they developed a sixth sence as to how fast and far i could walk, and i think if it wasnt for them i wouldnt be at this (almost painfree) stage.
Good luck with your treatment and hugs to Missy
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Aww, glad you've got a smile on your face even through your back pain.

If there's no-one at training that can do it, let me know where & what time you train. I work in Edinburgh so may be able to help out if I can come straight from work. Mind you, I've never done agility (neither of my dogs are healthy enough ) so I definitely wouldn't be your first choice
Don`t you believe it if you have`nt done it before, you are a great clean slate option because you won`t have any bad handling habits and won`t try to handle her like a dog you would otherwise be used to if you`d been a long time solo-dog handler - thats why I get handlers swapping dogs nice and early before they get set in their ways with one dog

Fwiw, I think if its feasible for travel etc you could be a perfect choice
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Hi Suzanne,

Not been on in a long while. Sorry to hear your back is playing up. I hope you and Missy are otherwise ok though.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas and New Year.

Take care.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Missysmum View Post
:smt009 I've had backache for a while and lately it's been getting worse. Me being me , just carried on as normal and took painkillers to get me by. It got to the point where I was going through a full pack of Nurofen a day AND needing to take paracetomol on top of that. I eventually got off my backside and went to see a Chiropracter on Wednesday. There's no way I can keep taking that amount of painkillers. Anyway , after an initial assessment and digital x-rays of my back , I have subluxation of my sacroiliac joint (which can be fixed ) and degeneration of some of the discs in my lower back . I've ditched the painkillers , only taking 1 paracetomol 4 times a day now , and I've been advised to use cold therapy and gentle walking as many times a day as I can manage. Missy likes the walking bit coz she gets to come with me . She knows when I get the ice pack out that she's getting another walk soon. So , unfortunately , I have to abandon our agility training for the forseeable future :smt022 :smt089 :smt088 :smt088 :smt090.
I know how you feel about giving up on something that you and your dog loves doing, I had to give up showing completely and miss it but look on the bright side its only for the foreseeable future and not forever.
I hope your back will be fine in no time
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Try the tens machine, I just got one yesterday, its a digital pain relief thingy and I know lots of people who swear by them, don't be to hastey on giving up the agility, you'll miss it too much.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2