Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 09:37 AM
I feed raw and it varies but generally I would say:

£6 per week on the waste I collect from the butchers
Then additional £30-40 per month from landywoods of various minced tripe, meat and heart etc.

So I guess thats approx. £50-70 per month

So working that out per dog we are talking £14 per month!

But that doesn't include fruit/veg/eggs so maybe another £20 bringing it up to £90 per month £18 per month per dog - still not too bad!!

They eat so well too! My OH moans all the time at the different treats etc. they have!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 09:53 AM
My two are on Timberwolf and a 15kg (£37.50) bag lasts about 5 weeks or more, neither of them are big eaters.
Plus they have the odd tin of chappie...
Plus a pack of chicken wings a week....
Plus a pig ear each if they are left whilst we go out....
Plus bedtime biscuits!

Their favourite treats are all the vegetable peelings, esp carrots and cucumber. They go mad for those and they're free!
Matt & Vikki
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-02-2007, 10:01 AM
About £15 per month

Raw fed - Pork bones come from local farmers market - free
Lamb bones from local farmer - free
Venison bones from local huntsman - free
A few chicken wing packs and liver from tesco's
Tripe from pets at home

Veggies & fruit are from out left overs - pulped

I love this raw diet - he eats better than us, is in great condition and its a great way to make new friends (going around asking for bones).
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Blimey, I`m looking like a right cheapskate so far
I must say in my defence, my crew are on a food which suits them, its not because its inexpensive !
The food they were on before was considerably more expensive and if it was what was best for them they would still be on it, I don`t put cost over quality / suitability !
Its just a bonus that what they do so well on happens to be inexpensive.
I do spend a small fortune on treats and toys though, just cos I like giving them treats and toys, and buying harnesses and leads in different colours for different moods ` just because`so I`m not just being `cheap`

[ and I did buy my van to give them extra comfort and security / safety while travelling cos their needs are the priority ! ]
greysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I buy Dr John's.(Silver). Tried the "good" foods and they upset Blue's tum. They look and feel good on it. 15kg bag last's for 2 weeks between the 2 of them.(Just gone up to £6.99 a 15kg bag) Plus their homemade treats. So probably about £2.00 a dog a week? Max.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 05:41 PM
trin gets through a 15kg bag of royal canin giant breed in about 3weeks,that costs me £42.99,as shes only 11months old the food bill will just keep goin up.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Georgie eats Butchers Choice foil trays and he costs me about £10 a week for that. He also eats the Bakers meaty meals (just the balls 1 that they do, not all the other cr@p that goes with it) and I buy a box of beef ones and a box of chicken ones each week that costs me £4.

With treats, chews bones and food I'd say he costs £20 a week to feed

Goodness, I've just read that someone on here spends £80 a month on 2 dogs - I spend that on Georgie alone Right sorry Georgie but you are spoilt and you are going on a diet now
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 06:05 PM
i feed mine on a cereal meal cald pedro gold my three love it and do real well on it . but when i try them on tinned food its gives them the runs and upsets there tums . they also get cooked chicken and beef .
costs me around 40/50 per month for the three of em
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Harley is raw fed and it costs around £1 a day on average - sometimes more and sometimes less depending on what he is having that day.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2007, 07:29 PM
lol-after reading how much everyone spends-its gonna sound like im Scrooge! Vegas eats 'Omega tasty' working dog food which costs £12 per 15kg sack and lasts approximately 4-5 weeks.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >