View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2009, 11:38 PM
If you pick them up whilst weeing, they stop put outside, encourage the wee,praise, reward
Just to put your mind at rest, Skye was 9 months old before she "got the hang of it" actually, that probably doesnt put your mind at rest at all All i'm trying to say is, they are all different and she will get there in the end. You will probably find it will just happen overnight

Jann
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
If you pick them up whilst weeing, they stop put outside, encourage the wee,praise, reward
Just to put your mind at rest, Skye was 9 months old before she "got the hang of it" actually, that probably doesnt put your mind at rest at all All i'm trying to say is, they are all different and she will get there in the end. You will probably find it will just happen overnight

Jann
But Jann, the pup needs to associate the need to pee and the way to the door so picking them up wont help. She needs to coax her puppy outside with her so it knows:

1. need wee
2. off to the door
3. outside now
4. ahhhhhh
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
But Jann, the pup needs to associate the need to pee and the way to the door so picking them up wont help. She needs to coax her puppy outside with her so it knows:

1. need wee
2. off to the door
3. outside now
4. ahhhhhh
I think what Jann is saying is if the need to wee stage is passed and they are mid wee on the floor??
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3