View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 07:47 AM
You say you are taking her out around grassy areas , maybe that's the problem some pups will only do the toilet in their own garden for quite a while even after they are toilet trained .
There are often posts on here from people who take their dogs on good walks where they do nothing then do the toilet in the garden when they get home .So maybe sticking to the garden for the toilet would help for a while .
Also are the poos she is doing quite solid if not you may have to adjust her food . If her poos are very loose then it may be more difficult for her to hold it in .
The last thing I would like to say is that some pups just take longer than others and one day it just clicks with them
Good luck
DalaiMama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-12-2008, 10:19 AM
As others have said, don't restrict her water, dogs should have access to as much clean, fresh water as they want 24 hours a day.

My friend took on a pup like this and she would leak when excited or frightened until she was almost 2, she just couldn't control her bladder. Your pup may be getting stressed when she hears you coming in as she knows she is doing 'wrong' in your eyes but maybe can't help herself, or excited to see you and widdling.

Having pee and poop on the floor is just part of having a pup and you might have to just accept it until she grows up enough to control herself, stress will make it worse for her.

Another thing that occured to me is what are you cleaning the floor with, some products actually contain something that smells like pee to a dog and can make the problem worse, bleach is one of them and, I think, anything with ammonia.

One other thought, it is still early days in your home, it's a big thing for a pup to change homes, just try to be patient with her.

This is just an idea but if she seems to drink and pee constantly then maybe get checked for diabetes? I honestly can't remember how many times a day my pup used to wee, but he is a boy and pees all the time, everything outside and vertical is fair game

Let her drink when she likes though, its horrible to be thirsty and can cause kidney damage, especially if the pup is eating dry food.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2