Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2007, 04:54 PM

For iPod users

If you have an iPod, have you ever tried amplifying it? As I will probably get dumped in a local centre in August, when Mrs S goes south to see her grandkids, I ordered an Intempo from Amazon.com.

This machine is MAINS-OPERATED (only), and acts as a charger and dock for the iPod, and has two active speakers (6W each). It transforms the iPod into a small stereo system, about the size of a freestanding radio.

The sound quality isn't hi-fi, but it's half-decent and is certainly a lot better than the little speakers that just plug into the earphone socket.

There are special procedures which may require to be gone through for the iPod nano (reset) and iPod "Shuffle". The whole shebang will synch with your computer via USB and will function as an amp for (eg) a personal CD player.

It's a snip at £19.99 (Amazon) - and you might find it cheaper elsewhere (?). As you know, iPods hold a huge amount of music, and this setup could keep you amused for at least a whole day.

P.S. I gather it works with other mp3 players, too.

Snorri