Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Lu-1
so sorry.
JRT's are a finicky breed at the best times, coming from an owner, lover, and from someone whose aunt bred them for nie on twenty years, i knwo the breed best out of anyone (sorry to be boastful) anyways they are a particular breed at the best time, but when a rescue JRT is homed it is particular hard, oru JRT was 6 months old when we got her from the rescue, she was a tiny reck.
She would snap, bite, attack, etc etc. With a LOT of hard work she came around, it took about 2 years say, that with her spinal problems they said she would have to be PTs as she would never walk again, we showed them.
it is a hard decsion to make, and i must admit i could not do it.
JRTs are a breed of lets say a flavoured taste, they can be the best dog you have ever owned or they can be minions sent directly from hell.
I suggest trying to go for a less highly strung breed next time.
I do feel so sorry for you, and sympathise with you deeply
Best wishes

Thanks lu-1, she was a brill little thing, and if my 2 small sons where older i would have kept her and worked on her, i have definatley fell for the breed, do you think if i could get a pup, things would work out or is it best to wait for the kids are older before getting another jrt?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-07-2005, 06:04 PM
sorry to hear that Woofer but Im sure the right dog will be out there for you.
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-07-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear it didn't work out. I would say it depends on how old your children are. It is not so much to do with a specific breed I don't agree with generalising a breed it causes a lot of problems within society give a dog a bad name etc................. Look at the trouble staffie owners have. I have met many JRT's who make good family pets however that depends on many things what the parents were like/working line etc etc.

Are your youngest children old enough and responsible enough for a dog? Most rescues do not advise people with very young children to take on any breed of dog.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2005, 06:08 PM
You Did The Best Thing For All Concerned Inc The Dog.
It Is Hard But Some Times Things Don't Work Out And You Need To Face It Rather Than Ignore It.
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Dibley
I'm so sorry to hear it didn't work out. I would say it depends on how old your children are. It is not so much to do with a specific breed I don't agree with generalising a breed it causes a lot of problems within society give a dog a bad name etc................. Look at the trouble staffie owners have. I have met many JRT's who make good family pets however that depends on many things what the parents were like/working line etc etc.

Are your youngest children old enough and responsible enough for a dog? Most rescues do not advise people with very young children to take on any breed of dog.

My 2 young children are both under five, so are very young, but i think it is important for children to grow up with pets around them, i think it learns them many lessons, and i don't want to deprive my kids the experience of having a loving campanian to grow up with as i did all through my childhood.
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by leo
You Did The Best Thing For All Concerned Inc The Dog.
It Is Hard But Some Times Things Don't Work Out And You Need To Face It Rather Than Ignore It.

Thanks Leo.
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
sorry to hear that Woofer but Im sure the right dog will be out there for you.

Thanks carole
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Woofer
My 2 young children are both under five, so are very young, but i think it is important for children to grow up with pets around them, i think it learns them many lessons, and i don't want to deprive my kids the experience of having a loving campanian to grow up with as i did all through my childhood.
My little girl is five and I have another on the way, I also think its very important for children to grow up around animals, it teaches and learns them to respect the values of life, however sad or happy

Im sorry things have not worked out
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 06:39 PM
awww I'm so sorry

I'm sure you will find another good dog, fitting right into your family

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Whiz
My little girl is five and I have another on the way, I also think its very important for children to grow up around animals, it teaches and learns them to respect the values of life, however sad or happy

Im sorry things have not worked out

Thank you so much. xxx
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >