Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:27 AM

Bathing a cat

Take one long haired grey haired moggy, stinking cause she has nasty stuff stuck to her back end. Dunk in luke warm water. Wash thoroughly, catch as she shoots under your arm and out. Put back in the bath, continue has before. Battle with lumps of nasty stuff (wearing gloves), catch cat again. Back in the bath, rinse.

Catch cat before she tries to escape the bathroom, towel down. Wipe blood from arm. continue to towel, let cat out, wash out bath and change clothes...catch cat as she tries to get outside, Laugh at cat as she looks like drowned rat...

Minx needed a bath, she really was honking and all tangles. Stinky moggy. She is currently sulking up the stairs and glowering at me when I go near her At least she doesn't smell any more. I'll brush her once she is dry and will let me near her. And yes, I had to change my clothes!
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2010, 11:24 AM
LOL thats funny My old cat sox he used to take 3 people to bath him ...one to do the washing and rinsing 2 to help keep him in the bath I have some great scars from him for that LOL
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 12:05 PM
ha ha sounds familar, i bath my cats when they need it but i use the shower and just me as i dont think my bf would be brave enough, funny they go in a huff with both of us after even though he didnt go near them lol
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 12:09 PM
hehe... I can relate to this experience with my very fluffy cat Lola!! And also have the scars to prove it! I also remember one of my childhood cats hated being bathed and he was a very dirty kitty - so needed to be bathed every now and then. It was always very dramatic, it took both my parents and my older brothers to bath him and this big and brave kitty would turn into this wimpering thing that resembled a drowned rat. He would then refuse to talk to anybody for days! bless...
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Yup, she's all dry now and looking a lot better. Not as stinky either, she's had today inside, and even got some cheese from Mum, and a bit of pork pie. So happy moggy now...even if her tail does look like a bog brush now
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 05:25 PM
LOLOLOL far easier to use a "Cat Bag"